Local Info in guide

Mr.Pinkeye

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Dec 7, 2005
South of Boston
Is there a technical reason why e* can't/won't include guide info for ota channels/subchannels beyond what is carried by them? Does "TV Guide" even supply them with any info, or is the logo there just as a result of their court battles?

Bugs the heck out of me... and I don't even have a dvr.

avediswolf said:
Probably because some people would get confused, and think they are offered, and waste the CSRs precious time trying to order them.

I dunno.

I guess... be nice to know what was on the pbs hd channel that I get ota...too lazy to click on it...!sadroll

Mr.Pinkeye said:
Is there a technical reason why e* can't/won't include guide info for ota channels/subchannels beyond what is carried by them? Does "TV Guide" even supply them with any info, or is the logo there just as a result of their court battles?

Bugs the heck out of me... and I don't even have a dvr.

Nothing technical - just money. Dish would really rather you didn't bother with OTA but instead purchased and watched everything from them.

I do purchase SD LIL from E* and wish they'd provide the HD LiLs sometime in this lifetime. It's also strange to me that I can see what PBS-SD is offering mapped down to ch 3 in my case (and also on at 7531, I think) but ch 3.1, the PBS-HD channel that is not available from E* but that I can receive OTA, just shows "Local Digital". (It's not the same programming.) That's BS, IMHO...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)