Local Info in guide

Mr.Pinkeye

Pub Member / Supporter
Dec 7, 2005
South of Boston
Is there a technical reason why e* can't/won't include guide info for ota channels/subchannels beyond what is carried by them? Does "TV Guide" even supply them with any info, or is the logo there just as a result of their court battles?

Bugs the heck out of me... and I don't even have a dvr.

avediswolf said:
Probably because some people would get confused, and think they are offered, and waste the CSRs precious time trying to order them.

I dunno.

I guess... be nice to know what was on the pbs hd channel that I get ota...too lazy to click on it...!sadroll

Mr.Pinkeye said:
Is there a technical reason why e* can't/won't include guide info for ota channels/subchannels beyond what is carried by them? Does "TV Guide" even supply them with any info, or is the logo there just as a result of their court battles?

Bugs the heck out of me... and I don't even have a dvr.

Nothing technical - just money. Dish would really rather you didn't bother with OTA but instead purchased and watched everything from them.

I do purchase SD LIL from E* and wish they'd provide the HD LiLs sometime in this lifetime. It's also strange to me that I can see what PBS-SD is offering mapped down to ch 3 in my case (and also on at 7531, I think) but ch 3.1, the PBS-HD channel that is not available from E* but that I can receive OTA, just shows "Local Digital". (It's not the same programming.) That's BS, IMHO...

HD resolution setup question again.......

Dish Network HD Hockey Schedule

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)