Local on the 8's rumored to start May, 07?

mrsat1

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 8, 2005
Seaford, NY
Question for Scott G. or anyone please regarding Interactive Weather App. on Ch. 214.

It is now Thurs. 2-8-07, since dish introduced the weather ch. app on ch. 100, will the local on the 8's weather app. ever be enabled or is dish still workng out software issues?

Thanks....rolou21.

Software/copyright issues:

Locals on the Eights
USB External Storage
Dish ONLINE (I know it's not the 15th yet, but with no word....)
NBR on 5xx
SubChannels
VOD on certain models
etc
etc

It is now Thurs. 2-8-07, since dish introduced the weather ch. app on ch. 100, will the local on the 8's weather app. ever be enabled or is dish still workng out software issues?

Thanks....rolou21.

Am I missing something? It worked just fine last week on my 622 but have not tried it on my 508. I highlight the option within the interactive screens and get weather and a local radar. I have even used it for other locations in the US.

Always afraid to try anything new on the 508 and confuse it.:)

I believe he is referring to the option appearing on the weather channel (214?) so you can get the info quicker. Going to 100 and the multiple steps is so slow as to be almost useless.

Software/copyright issues:

Locals on the Eights
USB External Storage
Dish ONLINE (I know it's not the 15th yet, but with no word....)
NBR on 5xx
SubChannels
VOD on certain models
etc
etc

Don't forget that at one point the RSN's in HD were also a, "software issue." Then they became a, "money issue," and a, "content issue."

Well, I have something to add to the interactive portion of weather on the 8's.

In another post I wrote that one of my three 508's displays a caption underneath the show description. (TV Listings (c) Tribune Media Services) underneath the show description when you hit information. Neither of my other recievers says that, it just has the show descriptions as it has always been.

Well, on that one same 508, I do indeed get the interactive symbol show up when weather on the 8's is on. Not on my other two receivers. I did't really put that together till I read this thread.

Last edited:
Yes it is slow to useless. Why dont they go back to having it on its own channel number.

Weather on a channel number listed in the guide
New and Sports also on a number.

We love more channels. The Channel 100 menu is sooooo slow.

I can't believe the dish website shows local on the 8's now available when it is not
even present. What is taking soooo long? There were rumors that the 622 would be the first receiver to get this software due to "certain programming codes" from
the weather channel that would enable this app to finally work. Anyone confirm on
this? rolou21.:rolleyes:

I just got my welcome kit last week for a Jan 5th install, and there was a color flier in it that says:

"Push This (trigger) for Local Weather"
1. simply tune to The Weather Channel - Channel 214.
2. When you see the trigger icon appear on screen, press the SELECT button on your remote.
3. You now have in-depth local weather around the clock and it's as easy as pushing a button."

I already knew from this site that i prob didnt have this working yet on my 622s but checked anyway...nope, not there.

I guess i'll call E* to let them know that my local weather is 'broken' -LOL.

I just got my welcome kit last week for a Jan 5th install, and there was a color flier in it that says:

2. When you see the trigger icon appear on screen, press the SELECT button on your remote.
3. You now have in-depth local weather around the clock and it's as easy as pushing a button."

I already knew from this site that i prob didnt have this working yet on my 622s but checked anyway...nope, not there.

I wouldn't call it broken, just delayed about 5 months. I think Scott G. mentioned
it would be enabled in May for the 622 receiver first. I doesn't matter with about
whatever dish does with these app's. Verizon just finished laying out the fiber cab les for the fios tv. I should be available this coming July. At least they have Yes HD
to watch. Enough of the dish delays and NO RSN HD'S. Later!:mad:

I wouldn't call it broken, just delayed about 5 months. I think Scott G. mentioned
it would be enabled in May for the 622 receiver first. I doesn't matter about
whatever dish does with these app's. Verizon just finished laying out the fiber cab les for the fios tv. I should be available this coming July. At least they have Yes HD
to watch. Enough of the dish delays and NO RSN HD'S. Later!:mad:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)