Local on the 8's rumored to start May, 07?

I just got my welcome kit last week for a Jan 5th install, and there was a color flier in it that says:

"Push This (trigger) for Local Weather"
1. simply tune to The Weather Channel - Channel 214.
2. When you see the trigger icon appear on screen, press the SELECT button on your remote.
3. You now have in-depth local weather around the clock and it's as easy as pushing a button."

I already knew from this site that i prob didnt have this working yet on my 622s but checked anyway...nope, not there.

I guess i'll call E* to let them know that my local weather is 'broken' -LOL.

I'm sure we all look forward to their response.

Probably tell you how to get there from 100.

I hope it isn't buggy like the one on channel 100 that come out several months ago.I can't wait for them to get this out but I wish they wouldn't put it on the dish site that it's already available when it probebly won't be till May.

Once again, the dish website claims you can get the local weather when the special trigger is enabled on ch. 214 (local weather on the 8's). As of Wed. 4-11-07, there is still no feature on ch. 214. Is it true that the 622 (new s/w 4.03?) will
enable this feature. Rumors are this feature won't start til may. Can anyone confirm this or once again false advertising from dish?? rolou21.

Can anyone confirm the loooooong awaited local on the 8's via weather ch. 214 is
suppose to start next month and how will that be enabled. Via s/w update or the
current L4.03 ver. And why did it take soooooo long for this app to happen? Is this
only going to be on the 622 receiver at first then to others later?.....rolou21.

So you are admitting you are flooding the forums on purpose because people aren't answering fast enough? I hope noone answers your question.

Look, I am not trying to repeat this ongoing matter, but wouldn't you be upset especially how dish operates their programming. I mean if their website claims local on the 8's is available now from their website and it is not even enabled from any receiver, wouldn't you be alittle ticked off and especially when talk of the
hd map down was discussed way back last fall at it only took only 5 more months.
I would be very concerned. I didn't men to be harsh at you, just annoyed about
this.....:up

Yes, I would be upset, but satelliteguys.us is NOT Dish network, this is NOT Dishnets forum, not in any way, shape or form, you are taking out your anger on some innocent guys site (Scotts) who is nice enough to give us this forum so we have a place to go for help, if you want to bitch and moan and abuse a site, abuse the site whos owners you have the problem with.

merged all your threads of the same thing together

If it shows up, it will. Last I checked, it is April right now.

Thanks iceberg on the update...and again if I offended anyone with this ongoing thread regarding this matter, my apologies, I just wanted an answer on this...:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts