Local on the 8's rumored to start May, 07?

jacobm69

SatelliteGuys Pro
Dec 3, 2006
Kent County, Delaware
Where on the DISH website does it say so???:confused:

http://www.dishnetwork.com/content/...e_tv/general_info/index.shtml#instant_weather

Instant Weather
Get your local weather information with the touch of a button from the most trusted name in weather forecasting, The Weather Channel! For the first time ever, satellite viewers can get “Local on the 8s” weather information! Just press select on your remote when you see the special trigger icon located on The Weather Channel (channel 214). You can also access you local weather whenever you want by going to DishHOME (channel 100) and selecting “TWC Weather” under the ‘News’ category. It’s accessible 24 hours a day, 7 days a week!

CinWx

Nov 26, 2006
I have the "TWC Weather" feature on channel 100, but it asks me for a password when I select it! The only thing is, I've never locked out any features (password protect) on this receiver!

KE4EST

SatelliteGuys Is My Second Home
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 9, 2004
EM75xb
I know it wants my password everytime also, I did set a password(on all my receivers) so I don't know if it does on all or not.

SmityWhity

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jun 8, 2006
Denver, CO
I have locks in place, but not on channel 100, it doesn't ask me for any passwords.

However, two issues...
- Every now and then it will say something like - do not exit until your local wx is downloaded so that it will be quicker next time. Guess it has trouble remembering.:D
- Will not remember my local area, if I change it to a city I may be more interested in. Now I know it's just like me - can't remember.:D

odbrv

SatelliteGuys Pro
Pub Member / Supporter
Nov 21, 2004
Lubbock, Tx
I have the "TWC Weather" feature on channel 100, but it asks me for a password when I select it! The only thing is, I've never locked out any features (password protect) on this receiver!

I had the same problem after 4.01. Go to menu 5 (Locks), then menu 2(channel locks). I noticed all my channels were locked. I then cleared list and the password request went away.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts