Local Station on eather C-Band or FTA???

Status
Please reply by conversation.

norman

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 22, 2005
I will be posting this on Two forums.

What local stations in the US can you pick up using C-Band or FTA?

I ask this question for a reason. I have a local school, HS, that has a fool for the av director. He has never heard of C-band. This fool thinks that you only have Dish & Direct. Like I said folks. A fool.

So Two of the teachers at the school asked me that question. What local stations could you pick up using a C-Band dish or FTA system.

So I told them I would find out for them.

OK. What Locals are up there? Remember this is a RURAL school. I may be using some older eq to try to help them.

I think it would be cool for the kids to see local news from other parts of the country. I know I would.

Norman

norman
I removed the duplicate so we dont have 2 threads going on. On KU band, check out G10. There are some different networks (WB,UPN, ABC, Univision)

C-Band has some stations scattered across different satellites (like G4)

I'm only KU band so I can mainly stick to G10 : )

No problem Ice. I just found the best listing I have ever seen.

The folks at Global-cm.net have great listing. I will show that to the folks.
Man ther's a lot of stuff on the FTA-Ku band. I may make the investment soon for one. Today a Radio Shack in the next town is giving me thier old SOLID 5' dish. They have had it in thier back room for allmost 9 years. What a find!!!
I think I am going to make that my monster FTA dish.

Today a Radio Shack in the next town is giving me thier old SOLID 5' dish. They have had it in thier back room for allmost 9 years. What a find!!!

oh you suck :)

I'm still trying to get my local RS to give the Primestar dish on their roof. It has one of those skid roof mounts (I remember working at RS and selling Primestar..we were a test market) :)

Mike Kohl (Global-Cm) has a good list. I was going to post that for ya.

norman said:
No problem Ice. I just found the best listing I have ever seen.

The folks at Global-cm.net have great listing. I will show that to the folks.
Man ther's a lot of stuff on the FTA-Ku band. I may make the investment soon for one. Today a Radio Shack in the next town is giving me thier old SOLID 5' dish. They have had it in thier back room for allmost 9 years. What a find!!!
I think I am going to make that my monster FTA dish.

Hey norman here's another site for whats up there. It's probably the mother of all satellite listing site's. C and KU bands. :flag:
http://www.lyngsat.com/

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)