What happened to Sadoun' web site?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

gizzer777

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 15, 2005
none
Sadoun....No matter what page I go to on your site...I get a blank page and "Done"

Wanted to look around and look at your store!
Regards
Jeff

Well...that says I HAVE A PROBLEM....

gizzer777 said:
Sadoun....No matter what page I go to on your site...I get a blank page and "Done"
Regards
Jeff

Found the issue...The site is not set up for Firefox apparently...Loads just fine with Explorer (Ugggh):mad: Thanks to all!
Jeff

gizzer777 said:
Found the issue...The site is not set up for Firefox apparently...Loads just fine with Explorer (Ugggh):mad: Thanks to all!
Jeff

The latest builds of firefox display a more helpful message:
Code:
Oops.

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because it uses an invalid or unsupported form of compression. Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem.

To further confuse the issue, that same build of firefox will load the page sometimes, and sometimes not. They could have a faulty load-balancer in front of their webserver, too.
-- /v\atthew​

gizzer777 said:
Regards
Jeff

Yep....doesn't work with Firefox here either. Definately not a good thing when you are trying to sell stuff. It used to work with Firefox a month or two ago.

Yeah, I have the same issue with Firefox. I just it reload and normally it works. I've been having trouble for about a week or so. Apparently IE likes it and nothing else.

you might want to send a PM to Sadoun and let them know the issue. Maybe they arent aware of it

I shot them some feedback on their contact form and posted in their forum about this issue, haven't heard anything back. Maybe if enough people contact them, they'll fix it...

Another Firefox user here - I think I've run into that problem with their site before, too. I just had to occasionally reload the page once or twice and it'd work fine. It's a pisser, as I really only run Linux and try to avoid Windoze at all costs (but I keep it around on my laptop for a couple things I can't live without, like my GPS software). I did, however, manage to place an order from their site using Firefox without any problems. I hope this gets figured out, in any case.

Firefox 1.5 loaded the page just fine here. All links also seem to be working. It just has a slower download speed than IE.
Here is the latest info on this version from the "about" window
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8) Gecko/20051111 Firefox/1.5

No need to mess with anything Sadoun, it is working fine with Firefox. Here are 3 screen shots from 1/18/06 @ 11:15pm CT

Attachments

• FF1.doc
    253 KB · Views: 138
  • FF2.doc
    183.5 KB · Views: 141
  • FF3.doc
    172.5 KB · Views: 173
charper1 said:
No need to mess with anything Sadoun, it is working fine with Firefox.

Yeah, we were all lying to Sadoun. He doesn't have a problem and we were not trying to help. We're all just a bunch of liars.

Geeze.

Still trouble here

Katrinasucks said:
Yeah, we were all lying to Sadoun. He doesn't have a problem and we were not trying to help. We're all just a bunch of liars.

Geeze.

Interesting...I can get to the links Sadoun posted with Firefox. However once at the Home page, anything I click does not load the page...just says done in the lower left hand corner of Firefox. IExplorer is just fine. Maybe be something wierd here too!
Jeff

I don't normally use Firefox but I fired it up and don't see any difference than when I'm using IE for accessing Sadoun's site. Maybe his tech guys have already changed something.

Status
Please reply by conversation.