Local Sub Channels

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

NutFlush920

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 20, 2007
Green Bay, WI
Recently my ABC affiliate began broadcasting a 3rd sub channel 2-3. I can't seem to get this channel to show up on my OTA setup. I have tried running the initial setup and then I tried to reset the off air setting and ran initial setup again and still no 2-3. Am I doing something wrong? This channel has been broadcasting for a few days now and I can pick it up on my TV without using the HR20.

Is there any plans with all these new satellites going up that DTV will begin to offer sub channels via satellite?

Is there any plans for other HD to be available via satellite such as CW or WB or MyNew in the future?

Recently my ABC affiliate began broadcasting a 3rd sub channel 2-3. I can't seem to get this channel to show up on my OTA setup. I have tried running the initial setup and then I tried to reset the off air setting and ran initial setup again and still no 2-3. Am I doing something wrong? This channel has been broadcasting for a few days now and I can pick it up on my TV without using the HR20.

Is there any plans with all these new satellites going up that DTV will begin to offer sub channels via satellite?

Is there any plans for other HD to be available via satellite such as CW or WB or MyNew in the future?

Not sure about your sub channel, but the HR rec's do not actually scan for channels, D* has a data base of local channels, I suppose that it may not be one of them.

Jimbo

When new subchannels are added, it takes a while for them to show up, depending on when Tribune picks up the guide data, etc.

There was an announcement recently about PBS being carried in HD soon. That might include a limited number of subchannels (depending on the market).

Some areas already have CW and MyNetwork. When Directv 11 is operational, there will probably be room to add more channels to the areas which already have HD, as well as additional markets. There have been some new channels added using Directv 10 in a limited number of areas.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)