local weather channel

It might not ever happen. Here's what I do.

Put the tv next to the window so you can watch both.

Get a weather app on the BlackBerry and keep it next to the remote.

Hi, any chance you can pick up your locals by OTA? If so you might have a weather sub channel from one of the local TV stations. Here in central florida I get two!

Later, DC

Hi, any chance you can pick up your locals by OTA? If so you might have a weather sub channel from one of the local TV stations. Here in central florida I get two!

Yeah, that's my fallback position when there's a big storm and I want a look at the radar. It's just that, after having the local weather breaks for 20 years on cable, you get kind of used to it.

I have seen them running / testing some regional "Weather Bug" weather service over the past couple of months. But have not seen any testing of local "Weather Channel" type service.

I have seen them running / testing some regional "Weather Bug" weather service over the past couple of months. But have not seen any testing of local "Weather Channel" type service.

But, but...you said a true local on the 8's launch, with alerts and all that good stuff was imminent! Um...4 years ago. :D

Edit: Although I guess we did get the static radar map that in my case shows Wisconsin to Maine to Virgina, which is great if a Cat 5 hurricane 500 miles across is approaching, but otherwise, useless.

I go online to get my extensive weather information but sometimes it is nice to not have to go to the computer to get it or if you are camping somewhere and have your dish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)