Locals and HD

Status
Please reply by conversation.

eckman

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 30, 2004
My locals just became available "syracuse". My question is if I get the locals will I still be able to get fox HD "baseball for now" and abc when both of these go HD full time. I only have waviers for fox and abc. Would like to get my locals but don't want to lose out on HD feeds.

You will still get MLB in HD. If you have a waiver for FOX like you said or if you live in an FOX O&O Market.

I agree with slacker9876 you should still get them. In fact once you get locals from directv your local stations will probley let you have the DISTANT NETWORK CHANNELS with out a problem as long as you subscribe to local channels.The reason being that once you get locals from directv (THE LOCAL STATIONS) are not losing any money and should let you have them...................DIGITAL~DAN

I was watching the Yankees-Sox game last night on both local (OTA) and Fox HD on D* just to check. Both were in HD.(Just South of LA)

Did you originally submit a waiver for the distant networks? I did even though I get locals (Louisville) and was denied for FOX and NBC but approved for ABC and CBS.

i got waviers for fox and abc denied cbs and nbc. There is no way i can pick up HD ota to many hills in the way so who know if i will ever get nbc or cbs in hd.

Until Congress changes the rule regarding distant networks by seperating HD from analog you may have to deal with it for now. I do wish they would get up to date and seperate HD from analog as far as the rules go.

You could also try contacting your local CBS and NBC an try to talk to them about approving the waiver.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)