Locals dropping like flys, we need new regulations

I'm not against having an alternative, but I think the bigger concern in that D or E would use the alternative as a crutch, basically making excuses not to provide locals in certain markets because of infrastructure needs, etc. As many have pointed out, these carriers are wasting a lot of bandwidth on locals that could have been used for an improved national service.

Don't get me wrong, I think the concept that the satellite carriers have to provide locals is garbage anyway. My feeling really is that they should be able to have one set of network feeds for each time zone and call it a day. However, these are the cards they were dealt, which means I get to see my crappy locals with crappy commercials. I liked it better when I had NY/LA and saw Jack in the Box and Carls Jr ads... ;)

LILs

At my house, we like our network channels local just because that is the only way we can get weather. Otherwise, we do not care where the network feeds come from, just do not put them on a satellite that is only 20 degrees above the horizon. Or a satellite that has other issues - it was raining last night and 129 just went away. Any day/night we are getting 30 on it, I feel lucky!

Yep. I wish I could afford to run a public service announcement to the whole Dish Network world telling them about that great, free HD content just floating carelessly through the air. :) It's a lot - A LOT - more dependable than cable or dish.

I'd be happy to grab some of that with my 10 foot antenna if it would "float" within 150 miles of my house. It seems to like hanging around the big cities though.

There are a LOT of people who may NEVER have any "free HD content" available to them.

My mother and sister miss their ABC, but not this guy with his antenna. Locals dropping like crazy from providers is just a sign of the times. People's greed grabs ahold of them and they only want more. TW cable just did it with LIN and now DISH is doin it with Young Broadcasting. Who is right and who is wrong????/

who knows?

pfan

Yep. I wish I could afford to run a public service announcement to the whole Dish Network world telling them about that great, free HD content just floating carelessly through the air. :) It's a lot - A LOT - more dependable than cable or dish.

OTA is very location dependant. It is also dependant on a number of other factors such as weather, atmospheric conditions and which way and how hard the wind is blowing. I love OTA have invested a lot of money in mine, but it is no where near as reliable as Satellite. On a good day I can get about 80 % of the stations watchable and on a not good day about 40 %. Getting them from Satellite is a must for a lot of people. Now, here in the Albany, NY market we are down to 1 Hidef local. Thanks Young Broadcasting!!!!:mad:

Dish should just give every1 the local info guide for free and hook up OTA antennas where it would work and just say f the local stations. They will crawl back to dish.

Congress is the culprit for listening to the NAB and allowing stations to extort for their signal.

It would be nice is EVERY carrier refused to carry pay-for-play stations, just to break the gimme attitude.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)