Locals for all US DMA's

Personally, as long as Dish has the Distant networks "death sentence" they will probably not expand to any markets unless carriage agreements with TV station groups demand they add stations in unserved markets. This is pretty much why Helena was added resently.

Markets still not available on Dish in SD

111 Springfield-Holyoke, MA
128 Columbus, GA
144 Salisbury, MD
155 Bluefield/Beckley/Oak Hill, WV
157 Binghamton, NY
159 Wheeling, WV/Steubenville, OH

163 Biloxi/Gulfport, MS
167 Hattiesburg/Laurel, MS

These two should really be one market
169 Utica, NY
173 Jackson, TN
175 Elmira, NY
176 Lake Charles, LA
177 Watertown, NY
178 Harrisonburg, WV
179 Alexandria, LA
180 Marquette, MI
181 Jonesboro, AR
182 Bowling Green, KY
186 Lima, OH
187 Greenwood/Greenville, MS
189 Lafayette, IN
192 Bend, OR
193 Parkersburg, WV
195 Eureka, CA
199 Mankato, MN
200 Ottumwa, IA/Kirksville, MO
201 St. Joseph, MO
203 Zanesville, OH
204 Presque Isle, ME
205 Victoria, TX
208 Alpena, MI
209 North Platte, NE
210 Glendive, MT
Unranked -U.S. Virgin Islands

Also most of those markets are missing a network or two or three . Since DISH can't provide neighboring channels to fill in for those lost networks, I don't see how they will add them . Although many, many times in the past I have heard on Charlie and Tech chats that they are working to provide all dmas with their locals. To bad Charlie was so short sighted in pissing off the networks about distants and this wouldn't have been a problem. Now I wonder if the same rules about providing distants in sd channels will apply in regards to providing digitial distants? Could DISH get around this because there will be no more sd distants? How about All American Direct ? Will they still be able to provide distants of sd channels once the analog signals are turned off? Will the waivers still apply or are we talking about all new situation?

On the EA HD uplinks, Dish has only been uplinking and turning on the HD version... no SD version... so it could be their plan to start uplinking only HD channels and no more SD... forcing those with 4:3 sets to letterbox or trim. That's ok with me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts