Locals going in and out

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

cotybroussard

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 21, 2004
Port Neches, TX
Right now I can only recieve 2 of the 3 locals that are in my PG. The ones that I can recieve keep going in and out. My signal never goes above 20 and I went to the antenna last night and turned it in every direction and the signal never increased. I am using the stealth antenna. Should I contact Voom and tell them my problem and maybe get a bigger antenna or is there anything else I can do to fix this problem? FYI my zip is 77651.

Antennaweb

I'd suggest going to Antenna Web. You can put your zip code in and it'll give you a reccomendation as to the type/size antenna you should be using. Then use this information when talking with Voom.

Good luck!

The Rickster

Mine was working Ok at first, there was only one channel I wasn't getting, but now I notice after it rains some of the others are going in and out. I also noticed apparently they never installed the antenna amplifier at least I can't find where it is plugged in anywhere. I called Voom about it and they are sending a technician out next Monday. Maybe you should call them as well.

The amplifier gets its power from the STB when using a diplexer. So it is probably in there.

I concur with GadgetRick, check antennaweb and see how far away from the towers you are. I am 35 miles from my towers and the Stealth was only bringing in two of the four major networks in my area. I called Voom and explained that the installer had exhausted all options with the Stealth and they scheduled me for an upgrade. I had the Wineguard PR8800 installed on saturday and bring in all four networks now. Keep in mind though, if the towers aren't all within a couple of degrees of each other then you may need a rotor.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)