Locals going in and out

cotybroussard

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 21, 2004
Port Neches, TX
Right now I can only recieve 2 of the 3 locals that are in my PG. The ones that I can recieve keep going in and out. My signal never goes above 20 and I went to the antenna last night and turned it in every direction and the signal never increased. I am using the stealth antenna. Should I contact Voom and tell them my problem and maybe get a bigger antenna or is there anything else I can do to fix this problem? FYI my zip is 77651.

Antennaweb

I'd suggest going to Antenna Web. You can put your zip code in and it'll give you a reccomendation as to the type/size antenna you should be using. Then use this information when talking with Voom.

Good luck!

The Rickster

Mine was working Ok at first, there was only one channel I wasn't getting, but now I notice after it rains some of the others are going in and out. I also noticed apparently they never installed the antenna amplifier at least I can't find where it is plugged in anywhere. I called Voom about it and they are sending a technician out next Monday. Maybe you should call them as well.

The amplifier gets its power from the STB when using a diplexer. So it is probably in there.

I concur with GadgetRick, check antennaweb and see how far away from the towers you are. I am 35 miles from my towers and the Stealth was only bringing in two of the four major networks in my area. I called Voom and explained that the installer had exhausted all options with the Stealth and they scheduled me for an upgrade. I had the Wineguard PR8800 installed on saturday and bring in all four networks now. Keep in mind though, if the towers aren't all within a couple of degrees of each other then you may need a rotor.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts