Locals in Indiana

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jlahmeyer

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 24, 2007
Richmond, Indiana
Okay I am using 65.5, 72 and 77 sats. I live in Richmond, Indiana and am thinking on "moving". I need locals after "moving" what choices do I have in this area using these sats and spot beam.

You will probably want Cincinnati on 77 or Louisville on 77. Use can use an antenna and also receive Dayton in Richmond.

You are in the Dayton, OH DMA if you are actually in Richmond, IN. Your locals would be on 129, as are Indianapolis. If you have the Eastern Arc (61.5, 72, 77) as you say, you are receiving no locals today. Perhaps, if you were to move the Western Arc (110, 119, 129) you would have a few more choices. What are you really trying to accomplish by 'moving'?

Depending on which map he looks at he is either in Dayton or Indianapolis. It used to be Dayton but I believe it changed to Indianapolis. It should be Dayton, as it can be received over the air there.

Richmond Indiana is in the Dayton TV market, always has been (at least since I started paying attention in 1978)

Yet when I bring up the 2 zip codes for Richmond, Indiana on the Dish website, it show Indianapolis for both... Mind you, I agree with you, it should be Dayton. Of course there is always that argument about "why can't I see the news from my own State."

I stand corrected! Wayne County (Richmond, IN) moved from the Dayton DMA to the Indianapolis DMA in 2011. indiana.gif

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)