Locals not changed

brian_tr

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 10, 2008
Had hopper 3 installed this morning. Changed service address back but locals never changed. Did another chat and they said service address had been changed. Not sure what to do now? Do I need to do a technical chat? Sucks my locals are just 2.0 audio.

Last edited:
Call or chat and change your service address to the location you want. You can change your mailing address at the same time or change it online.

Perhaps DiRT could be of some assistance.

All ready changed service address. Guess what until after nightly download to see if changes. If not will try a technical chat this time.

Had bright idea to cancel locals and then start back up which did not work of coarse. Chatted with tech. They did not changed address right. He got me fixed up.

Reactions: Tampa8 and TheKrell
[QUOTE="brian_tr, post: 4100975, member: 123278. Not sure what to do now? Do I need to do a technical chat? Sucks my locals are just 2.0 audio.[/QUOTE]

Exercise some patience, as alluded to earlier.

Patience will not help if the CSR did not change the locals package while they were changing the Service Address. This has happened to me several times. I always call right back (after resetting the receiver and seeing that the locals did not change) and say that I am not receiving the (fill-in-the-name-of-the-market) locals, and ask them to check to see which locals I should be getting. After such a call, the locals always get changed correctly.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
I used chat feature Sunday afternoon to "move" my service address to Houston locals and asked them if they changed my locals to Houston. They did and it took less than 5 minutes tops to complete the whole thing. I also stressed my billing address would stay what it was before the change. So no problems .

Last time I wanted to Chat on Saturday and Chat was broken. You fill in the requested info and then it says Goodbye. Had to call in.

I really prefer to Chat, faster and more accurate. I put the request to change Locals in the same script I used for the Service Address. Last time that Locals didn't change was a couple of years ago.

Last time I wanted to Chat on Saturday and Chat was broken. You fill in the requested info and then it says Goodbye. Had to call in.

I really prefer to Chat, faster and more accurate. I put the request to change Locals in the same script I used for the Service Address. Last time that Locals didn't change was a couple of years ago.

Plus with chat you have a word for word script of what the CSR told you for future reference.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts