Locals on 121 Superdish Dish says i have to pay for them

JIGGIEFLY

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 11, 2005
Melvindale Mich.
I have a Superdish on 110/119/121 & a dish500 at 129 i was thinking of getting a dish 1000 so i could have 110/119/129 and use my OTA for Locals as i get all of them that i pay dish for and they are Hd Localsfrom my OTA.

So i called Dish and asked to take them off of my acount so i can save $5.99 a month more on my bill and I was told i have to pay for them as part of my AT120 pack & can't have them removed.

My ? is can they make me pay for those locals if i dont want them?

Cause the few CSR's i talked to were rude and im having a good day so i didn't jump on them as i normaly would :D

Cause if i dont then i would buy my own dish1000 and put it at 110/119/129 & use my OTA for locals and insatall it myself no big deal just don't want to pay for locals if i dont have to and dump my Superdish and have just 1 dish in my yard instead of 2.

Well if you signed up for the "Digital Home Advantage" plan you're stuck. Unless you bought your own equipment you have to keep paying for locals even after the contract. This is why I wish Dish would SELL equipment in places like Radio Shack or Costco since some of the Urban market doesn't care about SD locals especially with people like me who get almost all of their locals in HD except for ABC and WB which are a giant PAIN to try and get in but I don't have an antenna on my roof for them which I probably need.
In fact I think it would make them more competitive to D* even to the point of being a direct threat to their subscriber amount. The fact that D* is sold in the two biggest electronics stores nationwide helps their standing and Costco would help them even out with D* a BIT.

JIGGIEFLY said:
I have a Superdish on 110/119/121 & a dish500 at 129 i was thinking of getting a dish 1000 so i could have 110/119/129 and use my OTA for Locals as i get all of them that i pay dish for and they are Hd Localsfrom my OTA.

So i called Dish and asked to take them off of my acount so i can save $5.99 a month more on my bill and I was told i have to pay for them as part of my AT120 pack & can't have them removed.

My ? is can they make me pay for those locals if i dont want them?

Cause the few CSR's i talked to were rude and im having a good day so i didn't jump on them as i normaly would :D

Cause if i dont then i would buy my own dish1000 and put it at 110/119/129 & use my OTA for locals and insatall it myself no big deal just don't want to pay for locals if i dont have to and dump my Superdish and have just 1 dish in my yard instead of 2.

They aren't $5.99 unless you purchase them separately. They are $5/month with an AT package unless you signed up under DHA, the lease program. Under DHA, local channels are free. You pay a $5 lease fee for your first leased receiver instead. So, there's no use trying to have them removed. You probably aren't paying for them anyway.

When i signed up about 6 months ago this is what i got the everything pack for 3 months/ free home plan for 12 months and free HD pack for 6 months and 2 811's and payed just my $49.99 and got that off my first bill so basicly payed $0.00 so yes the 2 811's are leased & got a superdish on 110/119/121.

So the promo witch is over so we set our plan after looking at all of the channels and picked the AT120 with hbo and starz and they say i can't get AT120 without locals

But still don't see why i should have pay for somthing i dont want as they charge me 5.99 added to the AT120 pack for locals that i can get off of my OTA for free.

Here is what i pay know

AT120 with locals

HBO & Starz

HD pack with voom teir

and $ 5.00 extra for the 2nd 811

chaddux said:
They aren't $5.99 unless you purchase them separately. They are $5/month with an AT package unless you signed up under DHA, the lease program. Under DHA, local channels are free. You pay a $5 lease fee for your first leased receiver instead. So, there's no use trying to have them removed. You probably aren't paying for them anyway.

I guess that makes sense was just told when i picked out my new plan after my promos were over that i could get AT120 without locals for $37.99 and i got my first bill and i see im being charged $42.99 for my AT120

Thats correct. Your beef is with whoever told you that you remove channels from a package after promo.

Locals are free in DHA.

Just ask someone without locals available. Same price. :(

If I'm not mistaken, you're in the same boat as me. I am under a 12-month programming commitment and I am required to pay the $5 w/locals charge since they are available in my area. It is my understanding that I can drop the locals package after my 12-month commitment. However, E* pretty much have me by the short hairs (technical jargon) since I have a 942 and must subscribe to my locals package in order to receive PG data. I sure hope they charge this policy.

riffjim4069 said:
If I'm not mistaken, you're in the same boat as me. I am under a 12-month programming commitment and I am required to pay the $5 w/locals charge since they are available in my area. It is my understanding that I can drop the locals package after my 12-month commitment. However, E* pretty much have me by the short hairs (technical jargon) since I have a 942 and must subscribe to my locals package in order to receive PG data. I sure hope they charge this policy.

Reading the info on the "Digital Home Advantage" it seems to me you STILL have to pay the extra $5 for the locals even after the promo.

Well it looks like dish1000 here i come and OTA for locals and just 1 dish in my yard will make the wife happy, as when we have pepole over my wife says welcome to NASA heck i only have 4 dishs not that bad.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)