Locals on Conus.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Since I have a 5 sat setup, I run the 118 line in separate, so I can take it out of the DP21's and feed it directly into the receiver if needed. But you have to do a check switch and all that fun stuff.

And you get it?

Since I have a 5 sat setup, I run the 118 line in separate, so I can take it out of the DP21's and feed it directly into the receiver if needed. But you have to do a check switch and all that fun stuff.

And you get both 118 & 129 without a problem? I'm just trying to get the LIL in HD that are not available locally.

And you get both 118 & 129 without a problem? I'm just trying to get the LIL in HD that are not available locally.

My setup is 61.5, 110, 119, and 129 into the DPP44. 118 goes from a DP splitter into 2 DP21's. So I just feed the 118 feed into both satellite Ins on the receiver, I have a 722. So I have 118 all by itself, but if I "move", I couldn't get any locals off 118 unless I have 118 ONLY in my setup.

OP is in Lodi/Stockton area. EA probsbly ain't gonna happen. Sacramento locals are available in both HD and SD. Might fall into the bay area spot.

S~

No CW in HD

So basically there is no way to get a CW station in HD? Anyone that says WGN that doesn't count except in it local area. The national doesn't carry CW programming on it, it's a different feed. Tried that when I lived in a different area & couldn't get an HD CW there.

So basically there is no way to get a CW station in HD? Anyone that says WGN that doesn't count except in it local area. The national doesn't carry CW programming on it, it's a different feed. Tried that when I lived in a different area & couldn't get an HD CW there.

I get my HD CW OTA, the only way for you would be to "move" to St. Louis and put 118 only into your receiver when you wanted the CW :(. I know it's not the answer you wanted, but the best I can give you.

You're right

I get my HD CW OTA, the only way for you would be to "move" to St. Louis and put 118 only into your receiver when you wanted the CW :(. I know it's not the answer you wanted, but the best I can give you.

Not the answer I can use. Since I work prime time I'm not there to switch something to do that then switch it back. Only way I can think of doing it is to get a "bedroom" receiver and run only the 500+ to it. I've got the DP 34 switch that came with the system. The low signal level from the I hope I would be able to compensate with a line amp.

Didn't work in this case

If 129 is hooked up it goes from 118 to 129. I can see it do the switch. Darn I had friend that sure pulled a fast one on me. At lest that must be what happen when I call back. :D Thought maybe if I loaded it w/o 129 it might have that in memory but it doesn't stay due to the need to have the other channels on 129.

Could the difference be 61.5. Is the coding on 61.5 not set up to over ride 118.7 or as Randall has asked he is really picking it up from 61.5? Man sometime you just can't win. I call dish before I turn on the 722k. I tell them a friend pulled a practical joke on me and moved my address overnight. So they have me set up a pin number. I do a front panel "red button" reset. System comes back on and no program guide download yet. ALL THE ST LOUIS HD STATIONS are now coming in perfect. The SD's are showing some type of can't view because they are out of area. Locals over the air are coming in perfect as well. So I will lose all the ST Louis stations the next time that I download guide.

Last edited:
Not reliable enough here

The St Louis locals just are not constant enough for here. One of the tps that St Louis is on came in fine this afternoon but to night has lost half it's signal strength. So can't stay with those. Looks like I will be putting up a dish for 77 and "moving" to Little Rock, Ark. Looks like I will be putting the 500+ plus on ebay next week It's a good dish but I just happen to choose LIL that has one very weak tp.

Thanks for advice

Try Pittsburgh.

I'm going with Little Rock since I have a 33" dish that I can put an LNB on and I will get the big 4 in HD plus 4 SD's from there as well. They Sd's are something that I won't use a large amount but will some. Where I am now is pretty bad. I'll get MNT, CW, RTN, & PBS. Have feeling that quality of the CW will be better than the OTA local here since it is one that is broken down in 4 subs. Also at times I have know that channel to not even have audio being broadcast. No Retro TV in the area.

Question. What is an a EA Dish? Sorry, I don't know much about Dish Network. So as long as I have a EA Dish, I can get any locals (from the eastern time zone) that are on a Conus? NOTE, I live in California.

I've had DirecTV for 9 years, but this VERSUS-DirecTV dispute is killing me! Huge IndyCar fan here! So I'm looking at my other options. Also a few mouths ago I "MOVED" to NYC so I could watch network shows on the big 4 3 hours early. So if I went with Dish Network, I would hate to lose that. I love watching Conan O'Brien at 8:35pm! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts