Locals Protest the 5G Towers That Promise a High-Tech Future

Till the first accident

Sent from my SM-G950U using the SatelliteGuys app!
Is that what the horse drawn buggies said about an automobile? Juan, innovation will have ups and downs, but it will not stop... you’re just on here trying to cause a rift, you know even you don’t believe what you’re saying.

Reactions: HipKat
You do realize that all those things, all of them except VR, already exist, some of them for decades. Traffic analysis and control has been around almost 40 years.

Chicago's Computerized Traffic Control System

Remote healthcare:

Remote Health Care Is the Future of Medicine

The video conferencing one doesn't even deserve a response it's been around so long. So really, all you've got is the promise of VR streaming, like that's important. Too many people are buying into the PR hype without realizing this stuff already exists and runs fine on 4G. Speed isn't the panacea, penetration is and that is thee big bugaboo with 5G, it does not penetrate well so instead of addressing all the dead spots around the country they want to waste millions on a technology that no one really needs. I live in east central PA, not Montana or North Dakota but PA, and within less than an hours drive in multiple directions there are 3 dead zones. 5G isn't going to fix that and, in fact, indications are it will make it worse.

Your examples are moot, what will be possible with 5G rollouts will not resemble current systems. There will be different frequencies used with 5G, not all will be subject to the same level of loss. Also MIMO and beam forming will help mitigate the problems where they exist. Some people are intent on saying it will not work, others see the benefits and know it will. Understanding the opportunities for operators in healthcare

Reactions: HipKat
When a machine has to decide whether to hit a person or sideswipe a car....should be an interesting lawsuit
Is that what the horse drawn buggies said about an automobile? Juan, innovation will have ups and downs, but it will not stop... you’re just on here trying to cause a rift, you know even you don’t believe what you’re saying.

Will 5 G make everyone eventually buy new phones? I was mad as hell when they shut down my Analog Company vehicles cell phone. It was like talking on a land line. There was no saying “huh”, “what”.
Probably not for a long time.

What I like about 5G is that it will offer a new option for home internet service. For a long time I had mistakenly assumed that it was for phones only.

What I was trying to say was most people in my age group don’t care about internet on their phones. They “me” can barely see the buttons. Some still have flip phones. All they “we” care about is being able to have a clear conversation.

Reactions: eddie willers
When a machine has to decide whether to hit a person or sideswipe a car....should be an interesting lawsuit

Autonomous vehicles are programmed to favor life over property in most situations. Their biggest advantage over human drivers is their sole dedication to safely operating the vehicle with zero distractions combined with faster decision making than humans. Autonomous vehicles will reach their maximum safety when all vehicles are autonomous and can communicate with each other.

We are talking internet for your house
What I was trying to say was most people in my age group don’t care about internet on their phones. They “me” can barely see the buttons. Some still have flip phones. All they “we” care about is being able to have a clear conversation.

They have to predict what the competing human driver will do....thats the problem
Autonomous vehicles are programmed to favor life over property in most situations. Their biggest advantage over human drivers is their sole dedication to safely operating the vehicle with zero distractions combined with faster decision making than humans. Autonomous vehicles will reach their maximum safety when all vehicles are autonomous and can communicate with each other.

They have to predict what the competing human driver will do....thats the problem

And that's the same problem human drivers have. Over time, AV's have been getting better at it than humans. Waymo's 600+ vehicle fleet is averaging about 25,000 miles per DAY on public highways, and is doing it with a much better safety record than humans driving comparable miles. Waymo vehicles logged 1.2 million miles last year in California alone, and that's not even their primary testing state. For the CA miles, the vehicles averaged 0.09 disconnects per 1,000 miles where a human took control. That's half the rate they logged the previous year, so apparently there's plenty of learning going on.

Like using turn signals when they actually want to turn or change lanes.

900'.

Some say 800'.

Sent from my iPad3 using the SatelliteGuys app! Only because can't get Tapatalk to work on such an old device. I'll shift to Chrome on this, too, eventually.

Looking forward to the day that human operated vehicles are outlawed and all vehicles are autonomous... but it's just not a technology that requires 5G to accomplish. 4G can easily support the necessary bandwidth required for vehicles to communicate with a central system and each other.

One of my biggest complaints about the sprawling suburban hellscape of most American cities outside of New York, Chicago, maybe San Francisco is the fact that you have to drive *everywhere* and can't just hop on public transportation to get you anywhere you want to go and allow you to do something else while the public transportation "takes the wheel" for you. Autonomous cars will be a welcome compromise between the the very dense city with great public transportation model and the endless suburban sprawl model.

Reactions: dare2be
I'm curious... is it a lie that a 5g transmitter has a relatively small (like 100'?) range? That's why they put them up on telephone poles? Assuming that's the case, 1) How does that help rural customers and 2) what happens during a power outage? At least now at a cellular site that covers miles, you put a generator. When you have to have a generator at every telephone pole? How exactly does that work?

Hi Sam. There is a company here in New Mexico that has developed products that address at least one the concerns you brought up.
https://optipulse.com
I'm sure there are others.

Hi Sam. There is a company here in New Mexico that has developed products that address at least one the concerns you brought up.
OptiPulse Home - OptiPulse, Inc
I'm sure there are others.
Thank you. Maybe I'm misreading, but it looks like that's a point to point system (ie: your transmitter antenna and receiver transmitter have to be pointing directly to each other). So yes, you get distance, but just to a single point.

Why don't we just call 5G what it really is?

The Matrix. :D

We can't call it Skynet because Elon Musk is already building that. :D

Reactions: JSheridan

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts