Locals Protest the 5G Towers That Promise a High-Tech Future

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I
That is a lot of miles for sure, got me thinking about how many I have driven and realized it is probably close to 2 million.
Even now that I don't do much service work I still drive about 40 thousand a year
drove a semi for 15 yrs ,averaged about 120K miles a year, so I cheated

Reactions: charlesrshell
As long as my vehicle doesn't use MS Windows as an OS I'll feel better at relinquishing control to a computer. (Sorry I couldn't resist. I'm a Linux guy.)

We saw what can happen when we rely on too much software. Being 737 MAX comes to mind. But I'm afraid that change is inevitable. In the meantime I'll keep my 96 Ram Cummins Turbo Diesel Zombie Apocalypse vehicle just in case. No computers and I can run it on used fryer oil from Long John Silvers if need be.
I agree on the MS and I'm looking for a new distro now to setup a 500GB Linux Drive for a dual boot with my win 10. Last one I used was Ubuntu 18,04

Baloney...the machine is software driven.. takes time process....a hardware switch is faster than a siftware switch...we are talking milliseconds...a human can think outside the box...a machine can't...it only knows whats its programmed to know...a human learns from experience

Sent from my SM-G950U using the SatelliteGuys app!
You have no clue what dedicated artificial intelligence is capable of, do you... One of the hallmarks of AI is it's ability to learn and adjust it's programming to new situations. The human brain excels at multi-processing, while dedicated AI's excel at speed. Do your really think your reaction time is better than even the average computer? I assume you're aware of the many vehicles currently on the road with various braking override systems that routinely outperform human operators as just one real world example.

I agree on the MS and I'm looking for a new distro now to setup a 500GB Linux Drive for a dual boot with my win 10. Last one I used was Ubuntu 18,04
Take a look at PCLinuxOS... I've used it almost from the first release years ago, and have been very happy with its performance on modest hardware.

As long as my vehicle doesn't use MS Windows as an OS I'll feel better at relinquishing control to a computer. (Sorry I couldn't resist. I'm a Linux guy.)

We saw what can happen when we rely on too much software. Being 737 MAX comes to mind. But I'm afraid that change is inevitable. In the meantime I'll keep my 96 Ram Cummins Turbo Diesel Zombie Apocalypse vehicle just in case. No computers and I can run it on used fryer oil from Long John Silvers if need be.
The fault with the MAX wasn't as much with the software as it was with Boeing's failure to properly inform and train pilots on it and include as standard the indicator light to alert the pilots when it was in operation.

Reactions: AZ. and dare2be
Machines and A. I. are going to take over and be the end of the human race. Just like in the movies.
Technology can be great but when is enough enough?
I love to drive and would never want a self driving car. Who will change the flat tire on a autonomous vehicle?
People are getting so F'ing lazy because of technology nowadays it is pathetic, they need a app for everything
Wish I could go back to the 70's
The guy with the horse and buggy probably thought the same thing about those newfangled automobiles. Or those newfangled telephones with rotary dials so you didn't have to ring Mabel at central to place a call... ;)

Reactions: charlesrshell
IMHO Linux Mint is the most refined Ubuntu Distribution. Of course YMMV. But please have a look if you haven't already. Cinnamon is beautiful if you have the hardware to support it it. Grub allows a peaceful coexistence with Windows 10.

IMHO Linux Mint is the most refined Ubuntu Distribution. Of course YMMV. But please have a look if you haven't already. Cinnamon is beautiful if you have the hardware to support it it. Grub allows a peaceful coexistence with Windows 10.
I tried Mint a few years ago and wasn't impressed. I have an old laptop with Peppermint on it, though, which better than just OK, but bogs that old laptop down, big time, My Desktop is only a year old, custom build,so it can handle anything

I work with it every day....lets just say its not ready for primetime....stop reading science fiction and maybe work with stuff
You have no clue what dedicated artificial intelligence is capable of, do you... One of the hallmarks of AI is it's ability to learn and adjust it's programming to new situations. The human brain excels at multi-processing, while dedicated AI's excel at speed. Do your really think your reaction time is better than even the average computer? I assume you're aware of the many vehicles currently on the road with various braking override systems that routinely outperform human operators as just one real world example.

There is a ai autopilot...we don't need humans
The fault with the MAX wasn't as much with the software as it was with Boeing's failure to properly inform and train pilots on it and include as standard the indicator light to alert the pilots when it was in operation.

I work with it every day....lets just say its not ready for primetime....stop reading science fiction and maybe work with stuff

It's obvious that you don't work with autonomous vehicle technology. Reading science fiction? No, I'm reading industry reports and studies...

Machines and A. I. are going to take over and be the end of the human race. Just like in the movies.
Technology can be great but when is enough enough?
I love to drive and would never want a self driving car. Who will change the flat tire on a autonomous vehicle?
People are getting so F'ing lazy because of technology nowadays it is pathetic, they need a app for everything
Wish I could go back to the 70's
Have a land line installed and get rid of your cell phone and you will be as close to the 80's as you can get.

I tried Mint a few years ago and wasn't impressed. I have an old laptop with Peppermint on it, though, which better than just OK, but bogs that old laptop down, big time, My Desktop is only a year old, custom build,so it can handle anything
You may want to try it again. A lot has changed in the last few years. Peppermint is OK but not adequate as a daily driver for my personal use.

Luckily there is a ton of options. You should be able to find a distro to suit your needs. Have a look at distrowatch.com if haven't done so already.

Reactions: HipKat
You may want to try it again. A lot has changed in the last few years. Peppermint is OK but not adequate as a daily driver for my personal use.

Luckily there is a ton of options. You should be able to find a distro to suit your needs. Have a look at distrowatch.com if haven't done so already.
I agree, giving a variety of distros a try is a good way to find the right fit. At one time some years ago, I had nine different distros installed on one desktop... :)

Reactions: TheKrell
Good luck with outlawing human driven vehicles, I will give up my old, yesterday's technology, 1965 Cutlass Convertible when they pry it from my cold dead hands. And it runs on environmentally friendly leaded racing fuel with no computer or catalytic convertors, and gets an astounding 11 mpg, but it is more fun than anything I can think of.

Reactions: joewhite57

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts