Locked channels issue

skierrob

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 4, 2004
I have a VIP622 receiver. I recently switched to the $29 HD Only package, and have changed from using a custom list to locking out channels in the guide in my "all sub" list so that I can see when new previews come out since the preview channels are no longer in the 280 - 290 range.

All works great, except for one thing. I have many movies that I recorded onto my DVR / external hard drive from Starz HD when I used to subscribe to them. They were recorded from the HD version of channel 350.

These recordings now are "locked", and I have to enter my code to watch them, even though I have not locked channel 350. Of course, I can't see the HD version of 350 since I don't subscribe to Starz right now, so that isn't locked either (it definitely wasn't locked when I subscribed to Starz).

Any ideas why my recordings from this one channel are locked just because I locked out some other channels in my guide?

Robert

But in my case, the SD version and the HD version of 350 weren't locked when I unsubscribed to Starz. And the SD version still is not locked. Weird, huh?

Anything you recorded and can no longer view live will show as "locked event". I wish Dish would fix this annoying feature.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts