Locked channels issue

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

skierrob

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 4, 2004
I have a VIP622 receiver. I recently switched to the $29 HD Only package, and have changed from using a custom list to locking out channels in the guide in my "all sub" list so that I can see when new previews come out since the preview channels are no longer in the 280 - 290 range.

All works great, except for one thing. I have many movies that I recorded onto my DVR / external hard drive from Starz HD when I used to subscribe to them. They were recorded from the HD version of channel 350.

These recordings now are "locked", and I have to enter my code to watch them, even though I have not locked channel 350. Of course, I can't see the HD version of 350 since I don't subscribe to Starz right now, so that isn't locked either (it definitely wasn't locked when I subscribed to Starz).

Any ideas why my recordings from this one channel are locked just because I locked out some other channels in my guide?

Robert

But in my case, the SD version and the HD version of 350 weren't locked when I unsubscribed to Starz. And the SD version still is not locked. Weird, huh?

Anything you recorded and can no longer view live will show as "locked event". I wish Dish would fix this annoying feature.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)