Locked events on 622

jb1945

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Feb 26, 2006
Sacramento, California
I lock out channels such as the music, religion and sales promotions using the system locks. I select them, lock the system, they don't appear on the channel lists. This has worked fine for many months. Today I found that 4 or 5 of my recorded items are showing as "locked events." I can access them with my password, play them but cannot unlock them except by unlocking the entire system. I want to keep systems locks but do not want to lock any recorded programs. Any idea what is happening here?

The only way you would get recorded items locked out is if you have that channel selected under blocked list. So you need to delete the timers for the locked out channels and you won't see the locked event again. For example if you have a timer selected for 112 in HD but you have that channel locked out in blocked , you will get a locked event. THis happens alot if you have certain duplicate hd channels locked out but the timers were already created for those channels. Another way you might bet locked event is if you have ratings selected in the blocked list for say G rating and the shows you record are for R ratings. This will give you a locked event too.

Thanks for the input. I did change the system blocks on some HD channels. I chose to use 3 digit channel numbers rather than 95xx where available. If I read you correctly, timers set on the new three digit channels will not be locked. I have no continuing timers set, I use the one show at time method. I did confirm I have no rating locks set.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)