Locked Recordings

KAB

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 20, 2005
Fishers, IN
For some reason, two recorded movies are showing as Locked Events. I recall in the past being able to unlock under the Edit option, but not finding it now. BTW, these are in the 722, not EHD.

Did you copy them back to the 722 from the EHD? If so, they will be locked, at least that's what my 622 does, but it does not prevent them from being deleted manually, it means the system will not delete them if it needs more room.

This is a bug! I have several recorded programs on my 722 HD that now show up as "Locked Events," The first time I noticed this was just after the Turbo software upgrade. At first it was just a few recordings, now I have about 10 recordings as "Locked Events." Of course they were recordings made earlier. Dish needs to fix this, NOW!

For some reason, two recorded movies are showing as Locked Events. I recall in the past being able to unlock under the Edit option, but not finding it now. BTW, these are in the 722, not EHD.

From what I see, if you lock a channel to hide it from the program guide, it also locks all recordings from that channel. I recently hid my duplicate HD channels so they would not show up in search and all of my recordings from these channels are now locked.

From what I see, if you lock a channel to hide it from the program guide, it also locks all recordings from that channel. I recently hid my duplicate HD channels so they would not show up in search and all of my recordings from these channels are now locked.
You were on the money!! They were two movies I recorded during UniHD's free preview. Afterward, I locked it out. Don't know if it's a bug or not, but that was the fix. Thanks.

I kinda wonder what would have happened if KAB had called up customer "service" with this issue. I bet they would have either brushed him off or decided he needed a new DVR.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)