Edision Locked up in Record Mode

cyberham

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 16, 2010
Halfmoon Bay, British Columbia
Last night I set the record mode for about 8 hours on my Edision OS Mio+ TNAP 3.2. This was to record overnight the Cubavision chain of movies on 30W. When I checked the receiver this morning it was still recording 10 hours later! All buttons on the remote and front panel were locked out. I had to remove power from the Edision to gain access. When I checked the recorded file it seems to be OK, just very long. Not too much of a problem, just a peculiarity. I usually don't record for so long, but Cubavision doesn't announce in advance their specific schedule for each movie start time. The movies are good to watch and you can practice your Spanish from the subtitles.

That'll just help you to read Spanish. I can read Spanish much better than I can speak it or understand the spoken words. Anyway, some of my recordings get cut short because neither one of my mio's consistently keep accurate time.

On that, you have a strange issue. My Edision keeps exact time. It has to since it uses the NTP server as a reference.

So does mine. Usually it shows the correct time but occasionally it jumps to some weird time - not even the minutes are correct. Of course, it's my mess up, not the product. I did try a factory reset on one of the boxes and that didn't fix the problem either.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)