Logitech Harmony Remotes

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

JAG72

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Feb 16, 2006
Earth
I have been looking at purchasing a new universal remote and have narrowed it down to the Harmony 550 or Harmony Advanced Universal Remote (xbox 360). From what I can tell these are basically the same remote with one having the xbox 360 buttons. I would like to know any good or bad experiences with these remotes or others that may be better for around the same price. Currently these can be purchased online for around $80.

I have a Harmony Remote (a 676) and have had it for a few years. It works very, very well in my second system controlling a TV, Receiver, DVD Player and Satellite Receiver.

This system is used for reviews and it never fails to take care of whatever is thrown at it.

I'm sorry, I don't have specific experience with the 560 though.

Cheers,

I dont have any experience with the 550, but I have an 880 and love it. When my parents decided to move into HD, I picked them up a 670, and it has been perfect for them. They are not into technology much at all, but can now navigate between HD-DVR, DVD, and VCR with ease thanks to the 670. Long story short...these Logitech's are good!

Thanks for all your help guys.

I was walking around Walmart today and noticed that they had a 520 on clearance for $65 so I decided to pick it up. I love it so far. It was easy to program and controls all of my devices perfect. This will be a good start until I decide to go with a higher model and then this one will head to the other room.

I have an 880 love the thing.. better than the old prontos which I thought were good... I think you can pick up an 880 on amamzon for pretty close to 100 bux..

tiger direct had the 676 for the special of the day last week. i already had a 676 and picked up an additional two because i really like the 676. they were on sale for 50 bucks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)