LOGO HD - huh? Why?

fuzzfacefrombboard

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 4, 2011
Missouri
So, Logo is in an HD tier, the "logo" on the guide says LOGO HD, and the programs all show HD, yet LOGO is only putting out an SD signal. Seems kind of tricksy to have it as an HD channel if none of the content is in HD...

Actually LOGO is no longer programming itself for the gay audience. There will be more changes coming up to the programming as well.

With that said when LOGO came to DISH it was put in HD because it was supposed to be made into a HD channel by Viacom shortly after its launch on DISH. However for some reason Viacom never upgraded to provide HD for the channel. So because DISH is sending the channel in HD it might be one of DISH's best looking SD channels. :D

Thanks for the info Scott. We watch Be Good Johnny Weir and it is a tad distracting to have an SD letterboxed show with logos and crawl info in the black bars. I wish they wouldn't even bother filming the shows in HD if they aren't going to broadcast them. Though it DOES look good!

Actually LOGO is no longer programming itself for the gay audience. There will be more changes coming up to the programming as well.

With that said when LOGO came to DISH it was put in HD because it was supposed to be made into a HD channel by Viacom shortly after its launch on DISH. However for some reason Viacom never upgraded to provide HD for the channel. So because DISH is sending the channel in HD it might be one of DISH's best looking SD channels. :D

I was surprised to see that so I went to the Logo website to check out their schedule. Maybe they intend to move in a different direction ut it certainly looks like they are currently programming to the gay community.

This channel is just like some of their viewers, they say or look like they are one thing when in fact they the other.:)

Ahhh... someone starts a thread that references gay people... and now, here come the ignorant hets who think that's their cue to make "jokes" about gay people. Not jokes about Logo or its programming, but about gay people. Old jokes. Tired jokes.

Pathetic.

Ken McPherson

Nonothing wrong with it. I justt hs post was abit inaccurate. Maybe they intend to change but as of now that has not happened.
Judging from your response, a later post, and a couple of odd "dislikes", it appears there are actually people in this world who haven't watched Seinfeld. (And some, not you, with no sense of humor at all.)

Na'ah I watch and it is hard to see how someone who lived through the 90s would not know about that, the contest, puffy shorts or "manhands."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)