Logo?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Man this one would be tough to call. http://www.logoonline.com/

1. DirecTV rarely makes official announcements on channel additions until they are on. Especially a detailed, committed date.

2. This is owned by Viacom (so makes it a big player)

3. Only one more day to wait and see.

Yes

Logo will be carried by d* . It is an MTV produced channel owned by Viacom. It may not be launched on the same date ( all reports currently look as though it will be launched same/next day) that Logo becomes active, but I assure you it will be carried by d* as well as many other providers. It will be included in the total choice plus or above packages only. I will also assure you that d* will not activly "promote" this channel due to the nature of programming. It will be geared toward gay/lesbian programming.

Yep. LogoTV employees have recently been introducing the channel at DirecTV's call centers.

Apparently, they're expecting a little negative customer feedback.

I'm not for the programming that Logo will have, but I also have the power to block the channel. Everyone does. That's all that needs to be said to those who will be griping about it.

Hey since DirecTV doesn't send out advanced notices or press releases on the addition of new channels, where do you guys get the information from? It would be great for all of us to be able to read from the same source list for future channels and to be able to direct other users there to read it as well.

I emailed Directv and they said that startin July 1, 2005 that LOGO will be available in the Total Choice Plus and Total Choice Premier packages. So it wil be added officially. I'm surprised LOGO hasn't updated their website to reflect the changes. I wonder if Dish Network will carry it?

Neutron said:
I'm not for the programming that Logo will have, but I also have the power to block the channel. Everyone does. That's all that needs to be said to those who will be griping about it.

That would work if it would stay blocked. I have blocked numerous channels on my receivers numerous times only to have them reappear. The only way to keep them gone is to use a favorites list and none of them are long enough.

Mine stays blocked until I have a power failure or a software update that forces a reboot, so I put my home theater on a UPS like all of my PCs. I wonder, is it possible to have these types of favorites and block lists saved into the non-volatile memory of these types of CE products? If so maybe they could use that scheme in the newer versions of receivers.

silversurfer said:
That would work if it would stay blocked. I have blocked numerous channels on my receivers numerous times only to have them reappear. The only way to keep them gone is to use a favorites list and none of them are long enough.

Yeah, my Hughes HTL-HD will not keep channels blocked either.

~Alan

From Broadcasting & Cable:

Viacom’s gay-themed digital network, Logo, has inked carriage deals with Charter, Cablevision and satellite service DirecTV.

The deals will put Logo in 13 million homes when it launches tomorrow, June 30, according to a representative for the network. DirecTV will carry Logo in its Total Choice Plus and Total Choice Premiere monthly subscription packages on channel 263.

Logo, which will target members of the gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender community, had postponed its launch date from February to buy time to increase its distribution.

Prior to the most recent deals, the MTV Networks channel had inked carriage deals with Adelphia, Time Warner, RCN, and Massachusetts-based Atlantic Broadband.

THE HOTTEST DAILY NEWS ABOUT YOUR DISH

Thursday, June 30, 2005

BREAKING NEWS
LOGO Added To DIRECTV
LOGO, MTV's gay-themed channel will be added to DIRECTV's lineup July 7. The channel, which will offer a blend of music, movies and reality-oriented program will air on ch. 263.

Please note the link provided is DYNAMIC in nature; meaning the data will be replaced
in 24 hours, including this one, so go there now if you need verifacation
http://www.directmagazine.com/dishnews.htm

So far the "sources" have said the guaranteed date is 6/30, 7/1 and now 7/7 so who's source it THE source?

TVFAN24/7 says he got it direct from DirecTV that is was 7/1
LEE says 9pm EST today, but no source.
Now MOONMAN posts an announcement from Vogel Communications Inc. that it will be 7/7.

Can we officially say that DirecTV does not make official announcements themselves until after they turn channels on for real?

Tvfan24/7 said:
7/1 was what the customer service rep said when I emailed them inquiring about the addition of LOGO. I think it will be tonight, since there is already programming and a listing for LOGO at 9 p.m.

Right this minute.. there is no LOGO programming on channel 263.. It will be on Sat 101 TP 01.. And right now there is a Countdown on the channel.

Attachments

• Logo.JPG
    Logo.JPG
    9.7 KB · Views: 150
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)