HR24 & the loss of channel logos

DavoM97

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 2, 2019
Southwest Florida
I've got an HR24 that was acting sluggish and so I did the CLEARMYBOX trick. Ever since, the channel logos are gone. I realize this is normal and supposedly in a few days they come back. Well, I waited a week and nothing came back. Did a reset of the box at that time and now that's it's a week after the reset, still no logos. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

This happened to me once. I was without logos for a week. I did a double red button reset, and they came back within 24-48 hours.
In case you don't know,reset by pushing red button. Once the picture is back, push it again.
My only other suggestion would be get into your online account, and refresh the box.

Reactions: whitewolf8214
Thanks. I've tried both of the remedies you suggested and am still waiting. Hopefully they'll appear. I did refresh via the website first and waited a few days. When that didn't work I did the red button double reset, so we'll see.

I'm not into tech, but this has happened to both my personal account and to the lounge I frequent. If you do a reset of any type, the logos go away and never come back. My theory is that the info is no longer in the stream.

I suspect you might be right, Sam. When I saw your post, I went to the Red H firmware watcher website and noticed that the HR24's are not even on their list. There are much older DVR models on that list too. Strange.

I suspect you might be right, Sam. When I saw your post, I went to the Red H firmware watcher website and noticed that the HR24's are not even on their list. There are much older DVR models on that list too. Strange.
I saw that, too. Seems like there may not be any more updates for anything but genies and clients.

I thought DirecTV removed channel logos like 2 years ago because they were slowing down the receivers too much.

I've never understood why logos are important to some. I go by channel number. Even when I had logos they just seemed to be a distraction.

Reactions: mdram and Jimbo
The logos are a nice touch, although not the biggest deal in the world. If we assume that Sinclair is going to eventually change the name of the FSNs, then those will go "generic" when that happens, it seems DirecTV is not adding new logos any more. They never even updated the old ROOT channels to AT&T Sports Network , and THEY ARE AT&T.

I've got an HR24 that was acting sluggish and so I did the CLEARMYBOX trick. Ever since, the channel logos are gone. I realize this is normal and supposedly in a few days they come back. Well, I waited a week and nothing came back. Did a reset of the box at that time and now that's it's a week after the reset, still no logos. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

I have a HR24 and have the logos. Is yours connected to the internet? Might need to be...

I have a HR24 and have the logos. Is yours connected to the internet? Might need to be...

Yes, it is. Almost two months later, sill no logos.

I get that logos aren't a big deal, but the lack of logos makes the user think "Is there something wrong with my box?" because of the odd way the four letter channle abbreviation gets truncated in the banner display.

And, just like that my H24-700 has all of its logos back, including newly renamed channels like Bally’s and News Nation. AFAI can see EVERY channel has a logo, a situation that never was before as there were always a handful of new or renamed channels with just generic letters.

Weird.

My logos on the hr24-200. Have been missing for a year now. What’s your secret to get them back.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I have a hr24-100. My logos just showed up on their own around 2 months ago. I have software version 0xd49. I know you weren't asking me, but I was in shock they returned after being gone so long.
You could try a double red button reset, or a CLEARMYBOX reset. If this actually works, it could be 2 to 3 days before they show up.

I have a hr24-100. My logos just showed up on their own around 2 months ago. I have software version 0xd49. I know you weren't asking me, but I was in shock they returned after being gone so long.
You could try a double red button reset, or a CLEARMYBOX reset. If this actually works, it could be 2 to 3 days before they show up.
I am just curious where you see the logos. Are they showing up in the guide? Or is it when you go to a channel it shows up in the info bar at the top right. If you have logos in your guide I am very jealous . I was sure they removed them from the guide due to performance issues. Thanks.

I am just curious where you see the logos. Are they showing up in the guide? Or is it when you go to a channel it shows up in the info bar at the top right. If you have logos in your guide I am very jealous . I was sure they removed them from the guide due to performance issues. Thanks.
not in the guide. They are on the top left of the info banner.

Thanks for not forgetting this thread, y'all. I did. Just happen to be browsing on SG this morning and I noticed. The HR24 is a TV my wife watches 90% of the time so I had no idea the logos were back. Turned it on this morning and randomly checked several channels and they are most certainly back. I too have software 0xd49, but that was updated near the beginning of May.

No idea why they are back, but glad they are. :)