Status
Please reply by conversation.

IcEWoLF

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 31, 2006
Nevada
He was pissed off tonight (around 2am when he got off work).
He came home and wanted to watch TV, but we got a huge snow storm, there was 4 inches of snow on the dish alone, so I gave my father the broom and told him, well if you want to watch TV, better wipe off all that snow off the dish :D.
We had about 1-2ft of snow here, and in the end I went outside and cleaned up at night once and then had to clean it up again in the morning, I am saying this because its a huge advantage for me, since I have the dish on my balcony, I dubt I would want to climb up on the roof on a snow storm and like 4-5 inches piled on my roof :).

You need buy him a dish cover for Christmas. :)

A dish cover would be nice, but it would look very retarded :/
Plus its the new Slimsline, so its going to be bigger and uglier, but its a good thing I had the installer installing the dish on the balcony instead of the roof, its harder to get to with the broom, since its facing the other way.
Despite the heavy snow and wind, after cleaning up the dish I didn't see any PQ degradation. I am very happy with the way my dish was installed and DirecTV.
I am thinking of getting another HR20-700 this christmas and this is going to be for my room, I hope I don't have to pay an additional 200$..but If I must then I guess I can go for it.

A dish cover would be nice, but it would look very retarded :/
Plus its the new Slimsline, so its going to be bigger and uglier, but its a good thing I had the installer installing the dish on the balcony instead of the roof, its harder to get to with the broom, since its facing the other way.
Despite the heavy snow and wind, after cleaning up the dish I didn't see any PQ degradation. I am very happy with the way my dish was installed and DirecTV.
I am thinking of getting another HR20-700 this christmas and this is going to be for my room, I hope I don't have to pay an additional 200$..but If I must then I guess I can go for it.

Despite the heavy snow and wind, after cleaning up the dish I didn't see any PQ degradation.

You should not see any PQ difference from the way it was before the snow.

Also, You'll have to call and see if they will work with you on the other HR20.
There was a policy that they would give you a discount if you have had your existing ones over 6 months.
So, I would give them a call and see what they can do for you.

Jimbo

Last edited:
Despite the heavy snow and wind, after cleaning up the dish I didn't see any PQ degradation.

You should not see any PQ difference from the way it was before the snow.

Also, You'll have to call and see if they will work with you on the other HR20.
There was a policy that they would give you a discount if you have had your existing ones over 6 months.
So, I would give them a call and see what they can do for you.

Jimbo

About the snow thing, nothing changed, I thought PQ would degrade while it was snowing, I might have confused you all.

He was pissed off tonight (around 2am when he got off work).
He came home and wanted to watch TV, but we got a huge snow storm, there was 4 inches of snow on the dish alone, so I gave my father the broom and told him, well if you want to watch TV, better wipe off all that snow off the dish :D.
We had about 1-2ft of snow here, and in the end I went outside and cleaned up at night once and then had to clean it up again in the morning, I am saying this because its a huge advantage for me, since I have the dish on my balcony, I dubt I would want to climb up on the roof on a snow storm and like 4-5 inches piled on my roof :).

That's why they make dish heaters.;)

About the snow thing, nothing changed, I thought PQ would degrade while it was snowing, I might have confused you all.
Nothing should change with it snowing, unless it's a blizzard and the front is between you and the sats, THEN you will lose signal until the the front moves past the sats, just like it is with rain, same thing.
That's why they make dish heaters.;)

I wish I could find a dish heater designed for the 5 lnb set up , that does NOT work of temperature. Just because it's below 32* doesn't mean I need to heat the dish. (thats the way most of them work that I have seen, still have not seen one for the 5 LNB yet.)

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)