LOL.......@ TNTHD forums!!!!!

The worst channel for logos has got to be scifi.. I was watching something on there I sware it must have been close to 1/4 of the damn screen.. yes I know I'm watching scifi.. yes I've seen the commercials for your other crappy show.. no I don't really care... lol...

The worst channel for logos has got to be scifi.. I was watching something on there I sware it must have been close to 1/4 of the damn screen.. yes I know I'm watching scifi.. yes I've seen the commercials for your other crappy show.. no I don't really care... lol...
LOL. Don't talk bad about SciFi. I don't ever watch it, but when Dish finally goes public with it in HD this website will die because half of the people here will be unable to do anything because they are stuck in a loop of multiple orgasms in front of their TV! :D

TNT and FX are really bad about covering up their shows with ads. FX is really bad with adding sounds to their banners. I'd forgotten how bad it was until I upgraded.

NBC has started doing it as well during their primetime shows as well.

LOL. Don't talk bad about SciFi. I don't ever watch it, but when Dish finally goes public with it in HD this website will die because half of the people here will be unable to do anything because they are stuck in a loop of multiple orgasms in front of their TV! :D

I did NOT need that image in my mind. Now I am going to be spending all day trying to get rid of it. Merry Christmas to you too :p

Didn't know why you put this up but I watched it. And low and behold it is related to the scrawl that runs over the shows.

:D I guess it is sort of an obtuse way to get to the subject of these post, but it's there. :)

Abstract: Lewis Black rants against the TV Execs who allow the annoying-as-hell advertising bugs to ruin the viewing experience.

Sad thing is, way too many people insist that the picture *fill* their screen. If it doesn't, something must be wrong. The program providers are currently in a no-win situation.

Amen. Scifi's logos and ads take up a HUGE amount of the screen.

Sad thing is, way too many people insist that the picture *fill* their screen. If it doesn't, something must be wrong. The program providers are currently in a no-win situation.

Then the program providers need to do some public education spots. a few well placed and timed 30 second spots talking about aspect ratios would educate the public nicely.

Simple solution. They could show 4x3 content in OAR, and fill the pillarboxes on either sides with the "upcoming shows" ads and channel bugs, instead of overlaying the program itself.

And amazingly, the post in the TNTHD forums is still there... I'm surprised they haven't deleted it by now.

I have a solution. Lets petition the TV manufacturers to include pop up blockers in the TV's. No more pop ups.

The reason why the post is still on the TNT forums is because they never read them.

Simple solution. They could show 4x3 content in OAR, and fill the pillarboxes on either sides with the "upcoming shows" ads and channel bugs, instead of overlaying the program itself.

Both sides? Ugh. Actually the next thing I am expecting is for the ads to be actual ads in addition to channel promos. Watch LotR and they will put up an ad for Nike footwear. But maybe some channels already do that. :eek:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts