Lone Star

mike123abc

Too many cables
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 25, 2003
Norman, OK
I do not know quite what to make of this series. You hear about guys having two lives that they manage to keep separate and the wives find out later every now and then. So, I guess we are going to see how he does it/if he can do it.

I will give the series more viewings to see what direction they are going to go with it. Is it going to be a show of cons, chick flick romance, Dallas type family cut throat plotting, a combination or what?

I was not overwelmed by the pilot, but will give it a chance just because it looks to be something new and different instead of the usual formula Hollywood plot.

I have to admit it was on my overflow device (the 922) since I gave TiVo priority to other shows (like the Event). Perhaps I do not watch enough FOX but I never saw any promos for the show.

Lonestar was just awful. The story was old and tired. The acting was okay, but the characters were so paper thin I really didn't care by the end of the show. I will give it one more view just in case the second show takes a different direction.

I watched it, but I also deleted the timer . I am not wasting my time on something as boring as this one. IF it had been in the vein of DALLAS , I might of stayed on for some more episodes.

I watched it, but I also deleted the timer . I am not wasting my time on something as boring as this one. IF it had been in the vein of DALLAS , I might of stayed on for some more episodes.

That was the main problem I saw with the pilot. The overall direction of the show was not apparent. It was a setup/background type pilot with no indication of where the show is going to go.

I am kind of glad that they cancelled after 2 episodes, instead of showing 5 then cancelling. I watched the first 2 episodes and still had not made up my mind on it. Since it was different from other shows I found it interesting, but the plot did not seem to be going anywhere.

Only two episodes and out, right ?

Is this maybe one of the shortest lived tv shows ever ?

No, there have been a few "one-offs" over the years. I remember last year there was a CBS show that never got on the air.

No, there have been a few "one-offs" over the years. I remember last year there was a CBS show that never got on the air.

Guiness used to list one billed as the shortest lived series. It was a Laugh-In clone in 1969 and was cancelled during the first commercial break of the first episode. My memory was that it was full of innuendo and double entandres and was live. The network censors got all over it.

Guiness used to list one billed as the shortest lived series. It was a Laugh-In clone in 1969 and was cancelled during the first commercial break of the first episode. My memory was that it was full of innuendo and double entandres and was live. The network censors got all over it.

ABC's "Turn-On"...I was one of the few who saw it. It made Guiness because several affiliates did not return to it after the first commercial break. So it's record is under the category of shows canceled before complete airing of first episode.

Last edited:
ABC's "Turn-On"...I was one of the few who saw it. It made Guiness because several affiliates did not return to it after the first commercial break. So it's record is under the category of shows canceled before complete airing of first episode.

So it was Turn on and Turn Off right away. :D

So it was Turn on and Turn Off right away. :D

LOL:up:up Yes it was. I looked it up on Wikipedia and they were totally wrong. The first host was not Tim Conway, but Ken Berry (Mayberry RFD at the time...and why, I don't know). Conway would have been the next one. I remember like it was yesterday.