Long Term Subs prices versus New Subs

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

michaelrj9

Original poster
Dec 12, 2007
Sorry if this has been asked before. I did search but did not find much about it.

I have been with D* for 11 years with 5 tv's with 4 dvr's.

My complaint is why does only the "NEW" Subs get $20.00 off each month for 12 months and get all movie channels free for 3 months?. I called D* all they could do is offer Showtime free for 3 months? WTF 11 years is not long enough for them to offer something better? I told them (which was true) that Dish has been calling me and was offering me a liitle better deal (cheaper monthly for more basic channels) and they would not budge. When Dish called I checked out D* prices and that is when I seen that New Subs get better deals than long term Subs get.

What do long term Subs do?

I was thinking about switching but I like my Dtivo's. Don't like the new Dvr's from Dish or Dt.

I was thinking of canceling and having a different family member Subscribe to get the discount we deserve.

What does everone else do?

Thanks

Sorry if this has been asked before. I did search but did not find much about it.

I have been with D* for 11 years with 5 tv's with 4 dvr's.

My complaint is why does only the "NEW" Subs get $20.00 off each month for 12 months and get all movie channels free for 3 months?. I called D* all they could do is offer Showtime free for 3 months? WTF 11 years is not long enough for them to offer something better? I told them (which was true) that Dish has been calling me and was offering me a liitle better deal (cheaper monthly for more basic channels) and they would not budge. When Dish called I checked out D* prices and that is when I seen that New Subs get better deals than long term Subs get.

What do long term Subs do?

I was thinking about switching but I like my Dtivo's. Don't like the new Dvr's from Dish or Dt.

I was thinking of canceling and having a different family member Subscribe to get the discount we deserve.

What does everone else do?

Thanks
You should have received your New Sub Discounts when you were a New Sub.
But I know what you mean, you would think they would work with the existing subs more.
They do discount existing subs normally for new equipment.

Jimbo

You should have received your New Sub Discounts when you were a New Sub.
But I know what you mean, you would think they would work with the existing subs more.
They do discount existing subs normally for new equipment.

Jimbo

I think part of the problem he is complaining about is the fact that long time subs didn't really get any kind of discounts when they signed up. At least not really big ones like they give out now. When I signed up in '97 I got 1 SD receiver and it was several hundred dollars and I had to install it myself. Also had two bills, one from Directv and one from USSB for the movie channels, but that was another story.

I just decided, oh well its not worth the hassle and fork over the money now a days.

Richard

You know, I kind of agree with this. I joined D* in July of '06 and got a HR10-250 for free with S&H. When the HR20 came along in Sept I got one for $99, only being a sub for 2 mo's.

I would think it'd be in their best interests to offer long term discounts like insurance companies.

Ive been with State Farm for a long time and have multi line discounts. Every time I try and shop them out, noone can beat what I pay so it keeps me there.

Id think it'd be more in D*'s interest to keep the customer, especially after his contract is up and they dont get a cancel fee.

i'm shocked to hear this. i always heard if you call to cancel they will give you one of the current promos to stay. of course, this is what i heard. not sure if they actually do it or not.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)