Long Time Customer needs help/ advice

jcoppola

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 12, 2006
Charleston, SC
I’ve been customer since 2000 and the service has always been good and when I have needed help or moved customer had been excellent. My recent move to a new house has been a nightmare.

I called to set up an install at my new home. The person I spoke with set up the appointment. I told him I wanted the PLUS added to my hopper and a new Joey 4. He says a 4K Joey? You already have one. I said no the new Android Joey 4 to get the apps on one box. He tells me the 4K Joey is the most current, I tell him he is mistaken. He puts me on hold several times and can’t find what I’m talking about. He also tells me he can’t figure out how to add the PLUS to the order when they install the new system. He tells me to have the installer add it when he gets there as they have them on the truck. I’m skeptical but agree. Appointment scheduled for 4-29 Saturday. I wait all day, call DISH twice confirmed there was an appointment. No one came. NO CALL NO SHOW.

I called and after 45 told someone I wanted to cancel my 20 plus year service. He asks why and juts said send me to retention. Spoke to a nice guy who apologized gave me 50 dollars off for next 12 months. I say ok and he resets appointment for today. Confirm what I want, Hopper Plus and Joey 4.

Tech comes today, no Plus, no Joey4. Tells me the Plus will be a one time 50 charge and another 24 dollars a month. I tell him he is wrong the upgrade is free. He doesn’t have what I need on truck. Sets another appointment for this Sunday. I no longer have any faith that anyone knows what they doing. On top of that I received and email that my bill of 224.00 will be charged next week. So even the retention person even dropped the ball. What should I do and is there another number rather than being on hold for another hour to tell my story again. They have gone downhill so fast.

Appreciate you guys!

• Sad
Reactions: TheKrell
I’ve been customer since 2000 and the service has always been good and when I have needed help or moved customer had been excellent. My recent move to a new house has been a nightmare.

I called to set up an install at my new home. The person I spoke with set up the appointment. I told him I wanted the PLUS added to my hopper and a new Joey 4. He says a 4K Joey? You already have one. I said no the new Android Joey 4 to get the apps on one box. He tells me the 4K Joey is the most current, I tell him he is mistaken. He puts me on hold several times and can’t find what I’m talking about. He also tells me he can’t figure out how to add the PLUS to the order when they install the new system. He tells me to have the installer add it when he gets there as they have them on the truck. I’m skeptical but agree. Appointment scheduled for 4-29 Saturday. I wait all day, call DISH twice confirmed there was an appointment. No one came. NO CALL NO SHOW.

I called and after 45 told someone I wanted to cancel my 20 plus year service. He asks why and juts said send me to retention. Spoke to a nice guy who apologized gave me 50 dollars off for next 12 months. I say ok and he resets appointment for today. Confirm what I want, Hopper Plus and Joey 4.

Tech comes today, no Plus, no Joey4. Tells me the Plus will be a one time 50 charge and another 24 dollars a month. I tell him he is wrong the upgrade is free. He doesn’t have what I need on truck. Sets another appointment for this Sunday. I no longer have any faith that anyone knows what they doing. On top of that I received and email that my bill of 224.00 will be charged next week. So even the retention person even dropped the ball. What should I do and is there another number rather than being on hold for another hour to tell my story again. They have gone downhill so fast.

Appreciate you guys!
Since the system hack there's a lot of call center agents that aren't usually customer service reps, and are doing double duty. They aren't really trained on how to do everything, so that's probably what happened when you initially called. As far as tech issues that's another story. If you never got even an automated call the first appointment date then it was never actually scheduled. You would if at minimum got an automated phone call day of and if you have email setup would of gotten an email day prior as well. And then obviously the tech that came doesn't know what he is doing. Generally yes they do charge $50 for the plus one time fee (which can be waived), but there's zero difference in monthly bill. But if it was not on the work order then there's never a guarantee it's on the techs vehicle.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Tech came and went and Hopper Plus and Joey 4 installed. This tech was excellent gave a nice tip. Some controls with the remote on apps are very sluggish, Im hopefully over nice few days this will get a little quicker.

On question. On thé native apps on the TV movies such as Marvel will play in Dolby Vision and are noticeably brighter than the picture through the Hopper Plus which is playing in regular HDR. Does the PLUs do Dolby Vision?