long time dish customer, recent price increase, looking for input...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
A few things I have feedback on now that I’ve had my new equipment for a day.

1- I don’t like that they removed the page up/down from the remote. It was so much easier to scroll through the guide than having to keeping clicking one channel at a time.

2- The tech installed a power inserter right next to my hopper 3 in my AV cabinet, which was fine but dang the A/C adapter for that little thing is about 10x the size. It’s ridiculously big. Why in the world does the a/c adapter need to be so big for this? I don’t have a lot of extra space in that cabinet and I surely wasn’t planning for that big ol brick to be in there.

Aaron

1 - You can order a 40.0 remote from Dish or elsewhere if you prefer the old-style remotes (I do). Amazon product ASIN B0088NUP7E2 -

Reactions: charlesrshell
The 20 and 21 remotes have the perfect combination of necessary buttons and ergonomic layout. No stretching or button consolidation. Why mess with perfection?

Reactions: TheKrell
The 20 and 21 remotes have the perfect combination of necessary buttons and ergonomic layout. No stretching or button consolidation. Why mess with perfection?
They wanted to add voice control. After all that’s what gets to commercials these days.

The 2x.x remotes were too big. Had to slide it up and down hand in order to get to buttons. The new remotes are similar to how phones are made nowadays... everything should be in a swipe distance from any point.

That's bad, not good! Neither my wife nor my daughter nor I had any trouble whatsoever one-handing the older remotes. What is wrong with you people? :eeek
That’s why the 2x.x are still available for those that want them. Ultimately, I have always been of the opinion.. it is a remote. I don’t care all that much. Lol!!!

Reactions: HipKat and TheKrell
That’s why the 2x.x are still available for those that want them. Ultimately, I have always been of the opinion.. it is a remote. I don’t care all that much. Lol!!!

And another thing I hate about the 54 remote... It has a nice tease for a backlight. I pick it up and can see the buttons briefly. But when I go to find the right one, the **** light goes off. :mad: Is there any way to lengthen that backlight timer?

Reactions: charlesrshell
That's bad, not good! Neither my wife nor my daughter nor I had any trouble whatsoever one-handing the older remotes. What is wrong with you people? :eeek
And the older remotes are still available and still control the receivers. What’s the problem. :D

Look at a streaming service. I was long time customer, over 20 years, and decided to dump Dish because of the over priced programming and basically they offered far more stuff than I would ever need. PLUS, charging me for the use of equipment was a joke. If you are with a company for as long as I had been, all that should have been free. I gave them a lot of money over a very long time. If you have decent internet you could cut your monthly cost down quite a bit by using a good streaming service. I use YouTube TV and have everything I want for $45/mo. No equipment to have issues or pay for. It has cloud recording that works very well. I know there are those out there that are die hard sat guys and good for them, but eventually it will die away like cable is going. They all lose 10s of thousands of subs every month and it's a proven fact that most of them do not care about this because they do nothing to try and keep you. When I left it was more of just a big BYE and nothing more. They didn't even try to keep me. That was the straw that that did it. I am very, very happy with my service so if you have problems and they continue to raise prices , which they will have to, think about it. Good Luck

Look at a streaming service. I was long time customer, over 20 years, and decided to dump Dish because of the over priced programming and basically they offered far more stuff than I would ever need. PLUS, charging me for the use of equipment was a joke. If you are with a company for as long as I had been, all that should have been free. I gave them a lot of money over a very long time. If you have decent internet you could cut your monthly cost down quite a bit by using a good streaming service. I use YouTube TV and have everything I want for $45/mo. No equipment to have issues or pay for. It has cloud recording that works very well. I know there are those out there that are die hard sat guys and good for them, but eventually it will die away like cable is going. They all lose 10s of thousands of subs every month and it's a proven fact that most of them do not care about this because they do nothing to try and keep you. When I left it was more of just a big BYE and nothing more. They didn't even try to keep me. That was the straw that that did it. I am very, very happy with my service so if you have problems and they continue to raise prices , which they will have to, think about it. Good Luck

Been with the same power company for decades and their bills just keep going up every year... no breaks there

If they didn’t offer you something to stay, it probably meant that as a customer, your history did not provide enough value to the company to keep you. Basically, it is cheaper to let you go. I have a feeling some other members of this board will soon be feeling that same effect, if the credits they post about getting on multiple accounts is accurate.

Reactions: dare2be

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)