Long-time Dish Network customer..Abandoned by E*

Don_S

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 1, 2004
I posted this over at DBStalk too. Posting it here for additional exposure.

Just got off the phone with an E* CSR. I wanted to upgrade my HD programming and the CSR basically said I couldn't do it without sacrificing one of my HDTVs. Read on...

I have two HDTVs and one SD TV. I currently have a Dish 942 DVR which drives one of the HDTVs and the SD TV. I also have a Dish 811 HD receiver that drives my other HDTV. I have the basic ($9.99) HD pack with America's Everything Pack. I wanted to upgrade to AEP + DishHD. The CSR said I would need to upgrade both of my receivers to get the additional HD programming (something I already knew). She put me on hold for a while and came back and told me that I could upgrade the 942 to the vip622 for $149 with the $50 Dish'n it up credit but there was no way Dish could upgrade my 811 to a compatible HD receiver (like the vip211) because "her computer wouldn't let her" :mad: . I asked to speak to a level-two CSR. She said she WAS a level-two CSR and that she had also spoken to her supervisor and there was nothing they could do about it! I just about fell off my chair in disbelief :eek: . I am sure there are many Dish network subscribers with a similar setup like mine and I find it hard to believe that E* would be so asinine as to ignore us. Am I SOL? what are my options to get this satisfactorily resolved?

Sorry if this has been answered before, but where can I find the CEO email address?

P.S. I did do a search and it turned up 7 pages of results... can someone help me find the proverbial needle in the haystack?

also try ceo@dishnetwork.com. No matter what others tell you it will work. Just be kind and courteous in the email. They do want you to be satisfied no matter what CS says in India.

$1.99 warranty

622 TNT-HD 1080i problems

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts