Long-time Dish Network customer..Abandoned by E*

Don_S

SatelliteGuys Family
Jun 1, 2004
I posted this over at DBStalk too. Posting it here for additional exposure.

Just got off the phone with an E* CSR. I wanted to upgrade my HD programming and the CSR basically said I couldn't do it without sacrificing one of my HDTVs. Read on...

I have two HDTVs and one SD TV. I currently have a Dish 942 DVR which drives one of the HDTVs and the SD TV. I also have a Dish 811 HD receiver that drives my other HDTV. I have the basic ($9.99) HD pack with America's Everything Pack. I wanted to upgrade to AEP + DishHD. The CSR said I would need to upgrade both of my receivers to get the additional HD programming (something I already knew). She put me on hold for a while and came back and told me that I could upgrade the 942 to the vip622 for $149 with the $50 Dish'n it up credit but there was no way Dish could upgrade my 811 to a compatible HD receiver (like the vip211) because "her computer wouldn't let her" :mad: . I asked to speak to a level-two CSR. She said she WAS a level-two CSR and that she had also spoken to her supervisor and there was nothing they could do about it! I just about fell off my chair in disbelief :eek: . I am sure there are many Dish network subscribers with a similar setup like mine and I find it hard to believe that E* would be so asinine as to ignore us. Am I SOL? what are my options to get this satisfactorily resolved?

Sorry if this has been answered before, but where can I find the CEO email address?

P.S. I did do a search and it turned up 7 pages of results... can someone help me find the proverbial needle in the haystack?

also try ceo@dishnetwork.com. No matter what others tell you it will work. Just be kind and courteous in the email. They do want you to be satisfied no matter what CS says in India.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts