Long time user needs new equipment

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
1000.2 or possibly 1000.4. Several different dishes might say Turbo or HD.
I have two 1.4k dishes, and one is grey and says Turbo HD, and One is Black and says Dish HD.
I also have a 1000plus and 1.2k that says DISH HD.

So I agree, the writing on the Dish really doesn't matter when it comes to what dish it is unless it says 300,500,or 1000.
But those are old.

If the OP is missing HD channels because of inadequate satellite dish setup, Then he probably has a Dish 500, Super Dish, Or possibly 500 with a wing to 61.5.

Since he stated DPPtwin, thats a 20x22 dish 500 that gets 110 119.

Those old setups would cause you to have missing HD channels.

Dish 1000 , 1000 Plus, 1.2k, 1.4k would allow full HD service.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

If you don't go up to the Hopper, I'd suggest at least a 722 which has the same interface you're used to and more hard drive space than the 612. DVR fee would be the same as well
Are you sure about that? I thought any equipment changes voided the grandfathered DVR fee. If that is the case, the DVR fee would increase from $7 per month to $10 per month. A replacement 612 (if necessary) should not increase your DVR fee.

Are you sure about that? I thought any equipment changes voided the grandfathered DVR fee. If that is the case, the DVR fee would increase from $7 per month to $10 per month. A replacement 612 (if necessary) should not increase your DVR fee.
You're probably right, because Dish would consider this an upgrade.
Might want to stick with the 612.

Yeah, probably. I was thinking of the 622. I forgot the 612 isn't the same class receiver as the 622/722/722k. Still, it wouldn't hurt to ask about keeping the grandfathered rate.

Still, it wouldn't hurt to ask about keeping the grandfathered rate.
I had a grandfathered DVR fee of $0 ($7 per month credit to offset the $7 per month DVR fee. Last month I received credit number 60 of 60.)
I asked Dish about keeping that rate, and they wouldn't continue the credits any further.

Expiring credits are one thing, a grandfathered rate is different. I have a $7 DVR fee, which should be $10...bill says $7, no credit listed, no expiration. You are still getting the grandfathered $7 rate.

Reactions: Tampa8
I'm surprised nobody is mentioning getting a ViP211k or Wally and adding their own EHD. The OPs viewing needs are pretty basic why would they get something that has a monthly DVR fee attached.

Reactions: TheKrell