Longhorn Network HD?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

zippyfrog

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 27, 2007
Chicago, IL
I noticed that last night's Longhorn mens basketball game was not in HD. I thought that the live games would be broadcast in HD. Is that only live Football games? Or was last night a heavy bandwidth night and Dish didn't have the capacity to show the game in HD? I think I have only seen one event in HD even though Longhorn Network has many live sporting events - the only live event was the football game last month.

I noticed that last night's Longhorn mens basketball game was not in HD. I thought that the live games would be broadcast in HD. Is that only live Football games? Or was last night a heavy bandwidth night and Dish didn't have the capacity to show the game in HD? I think I have only seen one event in HD even though Longhorn Network has many live sporting events - the only live event was the football game last month.
NBA, NHL, and Add in opening night of CBK and it likely was just a heavy night. They didn't even air all the PAC 12 games

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The Iowa State-Texas game was in HD. That is the only game I have been interested in watching.

That's what I thought - that football game was the only thing that has aired in HD. I know that there are a lot of sporting events that are on live on LHN, and I know that there are some nights there is a shortage of bandwidth, but it seems like even on the days there have been next to no major sporting events, none of the Texas games have been in HD. Back before PAC12 was in HD full time, they showed the Water Polo live in HD, the soccer games, etc. It was beyond the normal sports. And here in Chicago, CSN Chicago pretty much has all live games in HD - we even have high school football games shown in HD like we did yesterday. Just very surprised how few LHN games have been in HD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)