Longhorn network

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mo Fly

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 4, 2008
apparently u-verse will be showing the longhorn network now. does anyone know if directv is getting close with negotiations to show it?

The same guy that posted on orangebloods board that uverse was getting the longhorn network posted that direct tv will be in 2 to 3 weeks. I have no knowledge if this is true, just passing it on. Not sure why direct tv would wait after the 2 games are on but lets hope.

yea I heard the same thing on the shag via orangebloods. Hopefully Chip Brown can shed some "insight" and it happens soon. But I agree why wait until after the first 2 games have passed. Unless they are holding out for the Iowa St. game

yea I heard the same thing on the shag via orangebloods. Hopefully Chip Brown can shed some "insight" and it happens soon. But I agree why wait until after the first 2 games have passed. Unless they are holding out for the Iowa St. game

Is this going to be like the Big Ten Metwork, where the major schools are required to play on it for like 2 games a year and the rest are picked up via the normal network commitments ?

I realize that it's thier own network, but like I mentioned, for example, Ohio State will play on the BTN 2 times a year and the rest are covered on ESPN/ABC.

well I wish it were more like the big 10 net and actually be on directv lol. They are set to cover 2 out of conf. games and possibly 1 big 12 conf. game in football. As for all the other sports they have most all their volleyball games, baseball and like 13 basketball games exclusively. They also cover everything Texas related from press conf. practices, all kinds of behind the scenes things. Unlike the big 10, no other teams content. Makes it a hard sell to the whole US unlike a big 12 network would be. Honestly the big 10 has the best football layout I have seen no matter what you can catch every team playing you wanna see

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts