Looking 4 Cband T.P. info please

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Blindowl1234

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 16, 2008
SouthWest Ohio
I'm manually moving the 6 foot fixed dish around to see what's on some other birds. I can't seem to lock in 113W, 116W, and 121W.
When I manually put the info in from the list, or lyngsat, in the receiver it doesn't lock on anything. I've got everything from 87W to 107W. Any live Tp info on 113,116,121W is appreciated. Thanks! Blind:)

I'm watching SportsTime Ohio SD right now at 121W. It's so strong that even a 75cm dish could probably get it. Lyngsat has it right: 3707H, 5.632Msps.

If you move it back to the last satellite that it was working on, does it still work? That would narrow down the possible problems a whole lot. Then you would just need to consider basic stuff like LOS issues, correct setting of skew, etc...

Machman, Thanks! for the info. Yeah everything is hooked up ok. I'm just guessing where 113, 116, and 121W are when I'm moving the dish. I spent a little time trying to find a live TP last night on these three and didn't have much luck. It's easier with a live TP. I had moved the dish last night to try and clear some trees so I'm trying to line it back up. I get everything from 87W to 107W. So hopefully now I'll be able to get 113,116,121W sats. Dodging the trees is a pain! Thanks for the info. Blind

I'm watching SportsTime Ohio SD right now at 121W. It's so strong that even a 75cm dish could probably get it. Lyngsat has it right: 3707H, 5.632Msps.

got that last year on a 40x30 Primestar and now its on the 1.2m dish nice and strong :)

got that last year on a 40x30 Primestar and now its on the 1.2m dish nice and strong :)

I'm getting a solid signal on a Fortec 90cm with a prime focus scalar and a cheesy little homemade LNB bracket. I originally put the dish up a few weeks ago thinking I might be able to get NASA TV at 137W, but as you're aware that never had a snowball's chance in L.A. of working :D

Have you considered putting up a C-band strong transponders list? I for one would be really grateful. It would save me a lot of time to have a printout of that when I'm on the roof.

If you have the Fortec Star 6 foot ground mount dish, you may have to play with positioning of the whole feed. Those arms are so flimsy. You need to move it around and watch the signal on a signal meter. I could never get it right until I got a good meter (Maxpeak SAM), but in that time I was cutting down trees (There is a woodsy ravine where my dish is) so that could have helped. It's a requirement that you play with the whole feed to get it right on the sweet spot. If you use a Chaparral feedhorn and Norsat LNB like I did, the weight is a big problem. Damn thing drove me nuts.

The 8 footer Fortec isn't that much better when it comes to those flimsy LNB arms, especially with a heavy Chaparral feedhorn and two Norsat LNBs. I was able to get both dishes at their sweet spot, and right now I'm watching the Weather Channel Analog with a few sparklies.

Jonathan

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts