Put a KU lnbf on my 8' SOLID Cband Dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
There are several 40mm feedhorn mounts used for prime focus reflectors. The one you show is the least expensive option for three- leg mounting, but should be suitable to do the job. I would clean, prime and paint the bracket hardware before mounting. This inexpensive bracket used to be readily available on Ebay, but looks to be an AliExpress item now.

There are several other 40mm feedhorn mounting brackets manufactured for prime focus dishes. Satellite Super Store in the UK sells a stainless steel model and several other resellers offer a painted model with adapters for various diameter feeds.

The throat of the feed horn is circular and is clamped by the bracket, then the LNB is bolted to the feedhorn. The FD ratio is set by rotating the scaler on the threaded feed and the FL is set by sliding the feed forward and aft in the mounting clamp. The skew is set by rotating the feed in the clamp. If additional FL range is required, one might need to get creative with the bracket mounting or sleeving the support legs.

Well, i got my KU lnbfs and i got the LNB holder, but i have a pending sale on paypal for almost a month and i sent them an email, and they never replied.. I suspect the pending order will cancel out in another week... Does anyone know where i can reliably order the ADF-120 'C120' Adjustable Feedhorn???

• Sad
Reactions: FTA4PA
Well, i got my KU lnbfs and i got the LNB holder, but i have a pending sale on paypal for almost a month and i sent them an email, and they never replied.. I suspect the pending order will cancel out in another week... Does anyone know where i can reliably order the ADF-120 'C120' Adjustable Feedhorn???
I got my KU prime focus LNB and feedhorn several years ago from Satellite Superstore in the UK (same place Titanium mentioned in post #21): Primesat prime focus feedhorn, c120 flange. For prime focus dishes. F/D 0.41 Feedhorn with c120 flange LNB. Feedhorn support clamp. Ku band

But I think the C120s have been discontinued. I would contact the place before ordering.

Here is a photo of an Invacom LNB with C120 on my Birdview. For the mount I used 1/2" PVC sheet.

LNB.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks, i put in for the order.. I remember that site, i had a hard time navigating it. Let's hope it all goes smoothly this time, and the original order from the other site cancels out.. If it doesn't cancel, ill have to put in for a charge back.

I've had the LNB and HOLDER sitting on the floor for weeks, i cannot wait to receive the feed horn so i can turn my 8' mediocre Cband dish into a super hero KU dish.

Just a checks and balance for my Inverto Twin LNB.

I should be setting the LNBF frequency on the STB to 9750/10600 ?

I had a broken bolt holding the satellite in place on the pole. I had to use a 4 1/2 inch grinder to cut it off, and then i welded a new NUT onto the pole so i could have a brand new bolt. I then re-added the 4th arm back onto the dish.. That silly Chinese adapter to hold the LNBF onto the satellite dish only has 3 corner bolt holes and doesn't support 4 support arms. I put the Cband adapter back on, so the ARMS aren't hanging with no attachments. Ill have to figure out how i am going to get that little KU LNBF attached. - In the mean-time i put one of the Cband LNBF's back onto place. I have it locked on 123w, as i was gonna test the 123w Cband and the 123w KU.

Ps, ill take pictures when I'm done...

screenshot.21.jpg

I got my KU prime focus LNB and feedhorn several years ago from Satellite Superstore in the UK (same place Titanium mentioned in post #21): Primesat prime focus feedhorn, c120 flange. For prime focus dishes. F/D 0.41 Feedhorn with c120 flange LNB. Feedhorn support clamp. Ku band

But I think the C120s have been discontinued. I would contact the place before ordering.

Here is a photo of an Invacom LNB with C120 on my Birdview. For the mount I used 1/2" PVC sheet.

View attachment 162982
Did you use treaded rod to extend the original ones??

Did you use treaded rod to extend the original ones??
No. When I got the Birdview dish several years ago it did not come with the original rods. Instead, I had to buy new threaded rods at Home Depot that were longer than the original rods. So I cut them to size.

It didn't have the original Birdview metal ring either so I ended up cutting a circular ring out of 1/2" PVC sheet to hold the LNB.

Reactions: flody1
No. When I got the Birdview dish several years ago it did not come with the original rods. Instead, I had to buy new threaded rods at Home Depot that were longer than the original rods. So I cut them to size.

It didn't have the original Birdview metal ring either so I ended up cutting a circular ring out of 1/2" PVC sheet to hold the LNB.
Thanks looks to real solid like my original ones. I been thinking for a while about changing out the 11inch scaler for standard 6 1/2 . This may be a way to do it, by extending my reg rods .