Status
Please reply by conversation.

Neutron

Founding Supporter
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 7, 2003
Texas
My wife and I are looking to cut back on our entertainment expenses due to other expenses (thank you higher gas and food prices) so we're looking at switching to D*.

We have DISH with the AEP package, and with 2 HD-DVR boxes we're paying about $130 a month.

We would just cut the programming down, but I love the Science Channel, which DISH has in their 2nd to best package, and when you add back in the DVR fees it just isn't worth it.

I was looking on D*'s website and saw that they have a deal for 12 months for a package that has all the channels we watch, plus the HD package and DVR service for $69 a month. Of course we would have another HD-DVR and a standard DVR to go with it, but adding everything up for our monthly bill it works out to be quite a bit cheaper.

Are there any other deals for new customers? We had Directv back in 2004-mid 2006, and wasnt sure if there were any comeback deals there either if we went that route.

Check out their website, rumors of a price drop on the HD DVR this month have been floating around.

Also another thing Neutron, if you are signing up online, if you get the auto bill pay you get an additional 50$ Visa Gift card.

If I were you, I'd wait on what masterdeals said, 100$ for HD-DVR = great deal, but you may want to check out your local retailers and see what they offer.
I got DTV thru my local retailer, and they gave me a great offer.
4 Months free Premier Package, NFL ST+ SF (free) Payed only 69.99$ monthly x 4 months for NFL ST which included SF.
Deals are getting better by the weeks.

Are there any other deals for new customers? We had Directv back in 2004-mid 2006, and wasnt sure if there were any comeback deals there either if we went that route.

Give them a call and let them know you are thinking of coming back to Directv. Since you were a previous customer they will transfer you to retention to take care of your request.

Go back and recalculate you DISH comparison you shouldn't have that much of a difference after you add the lease upgrade fees into your costs.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts