This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Looking at coming back to Directv but have a question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cummingsje

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 10, 2007
I spoke with a Directv CSR today and was given an extremely attractive deal (considering I would have to break my Dish Contract). One thing he mentioned was that by bundling my Directv account with my current AT&T DSL account would net me $10/month savings on my DSL. I wondered if anyone has a similar situation and am just checking because it just seems to good to be true.

I don't know any details, but there are bundling discounts available.

I have been trying for over 2 years to get them put together on one bill to take advantage of the discount. First I call AT&T, who then adds Directv on. Directv says I don't have an account. (I've been a customer for over 10 years). Then they take a couple of days, and I have to call back, and then am told it is all taken care of, but it will take a couple of billing cycles. As of today, it still hasn't happened. I wouldn't put much count too much on it happening.

I know when they signed me up, they tried to sell me DSL but I didn't need nor want the DSL in my area.

I bundled DTV and Verizon with Century Link several months ago. It takes an accounting degree to decypher the bill but it appears I'm getting a $5 discount for DTV, another $5 for Verizon and $10 for Century Link's DSL. Does ATT have any bundling info on their website? I know when I signed up it was seamless. There are a few issues on who to call, especially any DTV billing questions but they happen so infrequently a phone call seems to work.... just don't use the word "billing" with any DTV voice prompts on why you are calling. It directs me back to Century Link!

AT&T should be able to bundle. I have Qwest (*now CL) and I save $5 off Directv by bundling

Thanks for the info guys! I have to believe the CSR was correct. As it stands now I have an install scheduled for Saturday! Yay!

AT&T should be able to bundle. I have Qwest (*now CL) and I save $5 off Directv by bundling

AT&T does bundle with D*, they give you a $ 5 credit p/m when you have a AT&T landline or dsl... not sure if they do this with cell phones or not ...

There is a particular number to call at AT&T, I'll see if I can find it for you guys.

edit:

I think this is the number you want to call :

1-800-288-2020

Great, appreciate the lookup!

Status
Please reply by conversation.