Looking at switching

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

satjay

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jun 30, 2005
Michigan
Hi guys I am seriously looking at crossing over to Dish, I have been a directv subsriber since 2000, I dont have any issues with Directv, service if fine. But I like some of the other package options with HD I can have during a year with Dish, and sunday ticket is not that big a draw for me anymore.

One big question for me though, I dont want to have two dishes on my roof. What are the chances that If I make the switch dish techs would take the Direct dish down??

Thanks for any info, as I contemplate this big descion for me!!. (who would have thought tv could be such a big choice...lol)

Hi guys I am seriously looking at crossing over to Dish, I have been a directv subsriber since 2000, I dont have any issues with Directv, service if fine. But I like some of the other package options with HD I can have during a year with Dish, and sunday ticket is not that big a draw for me anymore.

One big question for me though, I dont want to have two dishes on my roof. What are the chances that If I make the switch dish techs would take the Direct dish down??

Thanks for any info, as I contemplate this big descion for me!!. (who would have thought tv could be such a big choice...lol)

It depends on the installer. If the new dish can go where the old one was, they probably won't mind taking it down. Otherwise, just be nice and ask them if they'll do it for you. I'd probably offer them something for doing it if they are a contractor. Ultimately, removal of the dish and repair of the roof, if needed, are the homeowner's responsibility. There is no guarantee that you won't end up with two separate dishes from E*. It depends on where you live, line of sight, and existing equipment.

It depends on the installer. If the new dish can go where the old one was, they probably won't mind taking it down. Otherwise, just be nice and ask them if they'll do it for you. I'd probably offer them something for doing it if they are a contractor. Ultimately, removal of the dish and repair of the roof, if needed, are the homeowner's responsibility. There is no guarantee that you won't end up with two separate dishes from E*. It depends on where you live, line of sight, and existing equipment.

Thanks for the info!! and suggestions I will put them to use!, start by making some calls!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts