Looking for 1.2m Bud Results/

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Kraven

Resident Bozo
Original poster
Jun 2, 2012
Northern, VT
Just curious as to who tried getting a C* signal w/ a 1.2m dish and what were the results?
Reason am asking is am question the pros and cons on going through the effort of installing a WSI dish
considering this dish has really p***** me off and its still in the garage.

I tried the above using a 90cm dish... yeah it didnt work out too well. Signal would be there one minute then gone the next (ie: FX)

Cheers, K

I have a C Band LNBF on a Geosatpro 1.2m; I can get the following HD channels:

NHK World HD @ 58W
Reelz HD @ 91W
CW Plus @ 91W
Wildfeeds @ 99W
Tele-Quebec @ 107W

Lots of miscellaneous stuff on those sats too that aren't necessarily HD, like the Virgin Islands networks and a big music mux.

I'd recommend Mini C Band just for NHK World alone, all the other stuff is a great bonus.

Living so far from OTA ch's , I often depend on the P.R. mux , sat 99w , First used an old prmstr dish for it . Lesea was always dependable on that 36" x 30" dish , but the mux only about 75% of the time . So went to a 1m dish which solved that problem , also adding kcwy-tv & GDMX feeds to my lineup . I think a 1.2m would serve you well , unless ur wanting much more . Then toucan-man's words of wisdom will stand true .

I recently moded a 1 meter Primestar dish with a c band lnb and it worked for some stuff on 99 and 101, but wasn't good enough for me, but did work.

I then just yesterday finally installed my Sadoun 6 ft dish, and it made all the difference in the world. I don't have the polar mount peaked yet, it's just fixed right now with a piece of angle iron to 99 and 101 sats, (slightly in-between, and see's both of them) but it made all the difference to me. I now get almost everything on both sats, especially ThisTV and MeTV, the PR mux, and all the Leasea channels.

I highly recommend this dish from Sadoun. It's even on sale right now, and at a very good price! It's cheaper including shipping than a 1.2 meter dish. Good thick solid dish, everything fits correctly and works well. http://www.sadoun.com/Sat/Products/S/Dishes/SD180PM-180CM-Prime-focus-Satellite-Dish-Polar-Mount.htm

Lesea (also listed as World Harvest) is daily christain programing , but shows alot of 60's and 70's sitcoms , afternoon & evening , has 6 ch's , but 2 of each or usually duplicate shows . You never know when the GDMX feeds are on or not . Shows alot of jerry springer , acess hollywood , ect. , sometimes movies in the evenings . So unreliable that I just delete them . That 6ftr mentioned above sounds like a deal . If you already got the 1.2m , might be fun to see all it can do .

Status
Please reply by conversation.

10' dish replacement alignment mechanism

1.5m dishes

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)