Looking for 139 West

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Diamond Jim

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 18, 2004
The Boilermaker State (#19)
Over the years I have been trying to pick up 139W with out any luck. I have checked the foot print on Satbeams but my eyes aren't good enough anymore to make it out. I have been told by some yes and by others no. I would like a definite answer. I am located north of West Terre Haute, Indiana 3 miles east of the Indiana-Illinois state line. Am I in the footprint or not? Thanks.

I was wondering if there's anything on 81W. I see services listed at tvrosat but can't get any hits.

Over the years I have been trying to pick up 139W with out any luck. I have checked the foot print on Satbeams but my eyes aren't good enough anymore to make it out. I have been told by some yes and by others no. I would like a definite answer. I am located north of West Terre Haute, Indiana 3 miles east of the Indiana-Illinois state line. Am I in the footprint or not? Thanks.
There have been 3 different satellites at 139, no more changes are expected. There are many signals on the bird other than the Alaska Mux, that are not video. For telephone service in Alaska and private lines.

Reactions: Diamond Jim
Hi, Jim

Based on this map, it doesn't look good:

AMC 18 is not in use at 139. Sat
Hi, Jim

Based on this map, it doesn't look good:

Satbeams is not current, AMC 18 is not the bird in use at 139 now.

There was some discussion awhile back from a couple guys who did pick up the Alaska Mux, and some talk about the bird that is in use now. I do not have the footprint map, and I am not sure I would trust published footprint maps on the online sites they seem not up to date at times. Things were tweaked as they say. Sorry to sound vague but I don't want to get my hand slapped.

There was some discussion awhile back from a couple guys who did pick up the Alaska Mux, and some talk about the bird that is in use now. I do not have the footprint map, and I am not sure I would trust published footprint maps on the online sites they seem not up to date at times. Things were tweaked as they say. Sorry to sound vague but I don't want to get my hand slapped.
I did pick up the Alaska Mux several years ago but stopped programming that sat into my positioner when they encrypted. My understanding is that there isn't any services on that bird anymore.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)