Looking for a Complete Fee Listing - Receivers, Protection Plan, Returned Check, etc

eacalhoun

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jan 20, 2006
Morganton, NC
There must be a fee list somewhere, but I cannot find it. I have searched the DISH site, plus a forum search here - because I've seen a link to such a list in the past around here. This frustrates me for new customers who get many freebies at sign-up, then are shocked by all of the fees when they see their first bill. DISH interpretation: "Bend over and grab the ankles". So after my brief rant, can someone (or DiRT) direct me to a fee list for receivers (Hoppers, Joeys, and older), fees for services, fees for early cancellation of services, etc. And to any DIRT member - please request that DISH post this conspicuously on their website. Thanks!

Eric

I've asked for the same and was referred to obscurity. I agree, it should be clearly posted. I wonder if we found it and the hits went up, if it would get moved.

Sore point with me, in case you didn't notice.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I agree with both of you.It shouldn't take an act of congress to find out all the fees and costs.It's not just Dish that does this sort of thing though.

Log in to Dish.com and select support, then billing, then fees, then show all for a complete list.

Last edited:
Fee List from Dish.com, Support|Billing|Fees

[h=1]Fees[/h] [h=2]Appointment Related[/h]
Tech Visit$95
Tech Visit with Protection Plan$15
Custom Work$50
Plus Dish Upgrade$100
Movers$100
Movers WildBlue$100

[h=2]Shipping Related[/h]
Shipping & Handling$17
Expedited Shipping Surcharge$20
Extended Shipping Surcharge (Alaska/Hawaii/Puerto Rico/Virgin Islands)$20
Receiver/Smart Card Replacement$75

[h=2]Miscellaneous[/h]
Late Payment$7
Returned Check/EFT$10
Programming Change[SUP]1[/SUP]$5
Programming Change - Adult[SUP]1[/SUP]$20
Protection Plan Change[SUP]2[/SUP]$25
Agent Assist - Payment$5
Agent Assist - PPV$5
Primary Receiver[SUP]3[/SUP]$9
[SUP]1[/SUP] If removed within 30 days of adding service.
[SUP]2[/SUP] If removed within 120 days of adding service.
[SUP]3[/SUP] An equipment rental fee of $9 for the first leased receiver activated is included in your primary programming package price. The tax associated with this fee has been included in the Taxes section in the Statement Detail

[h=2]Disconnect Related[/h]
Commitment Cancellation
New Connect (prorated)$480
Dish'n It Up (prorated)$240
HD Free For Life (prorated)$240
Unreturned Equipment
Sling Receiver$400
HD DVR Receiver$300
HD Receiver$200
SD Receiver$100
Smart Card$50
LNB$50

You Are Welcome!

Wow $75 for a replacement card.Used to be $50.What's with the $9 primary receiver fee?

I'm about to SCREAM!

HERE'S what they should list, in addition (& it ain't at that link):

Monthly fees:
500 series......................$X
ViP211 series..................$Y
ViP622/722 series...........$Z
ViP922 series..................$A
First Hopper...................Free
Additional Hoppers..........$B
Joey..............................$C each
DVR fee for D, E & F:......$G
Whole home DVR fee:.....$H
SuperDuper Flip remote: $I
Pink DVR fee:.................$J
Spiffy fee:......................$K

etc, etc

AND include the package prices on the same page. Heck, I go to my coax cableco and get two pages of fees, and I don't think that includes package fees.

IOW, ALL charges should be easily located in one place. Granted, up front fees will vary- so list the max and note some may qualify for discounts, or say something to the effect "upgrade to Hopper ranges from $0 to $200 for the first Hopper." etc.

It ain't hard. I think it should make it easy for the customer, or for us to reference ONE PLACE and calculate the costs for the newbies. Having to go thru building a system to determine your costs should be optional. Charts are quicker for determining certain things.

I'm feeling MUCH BETTER now.

So the cost of disconnecting before your commitment is up with Dish is 40 dollars a month (for each remaining month)? Or am I missing something?

Disconnect Related

Commitment Cancellation
New Connect (prorated)$480
Dish'n It Up (prorated)$240
HD Free For Life (prorated)$240

It seems that Dish has a lot of fees. It's odd that they don't mention that in their commercials when they say they are better than DirecTV because DirecTV has a lot of fees.
I think the difference is that the DIRECTV fees aren't particularly optional. Many things they charge itemized fees for are pretty much compulsory with a standard install.

As an example, it appears that if you order up a Plus HD DVR (or a Genie), you get nailed with a $25 Advanced Receiver Fee that includes Whole Home DVR service even though you can't effectively use it. The fee also covers DVR service for the account and access to HD programming.

With a single Hopper on the account, DISH charges just $12 for DVR service if you agree to autopay to get free HD.

DIRECTV has to credit quite a number of fees to get to their advertised prices.

Commitment is for 24 months.

Yes, but what is the prorated commitment? I don't know the differences between "new connect" "dish it up" and "HD free for life." Are those 3 different programs or could you have more than one (I don't know which one I got, I do get HD free and I got the Hopper deal about 14 months ago)? Thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)