Looking for a dish aiming app for Android

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Fins

Original poster
Sep 14, 2004
I am a Custom Integrator, but we use a local DTV dealer to do our satellite installs. Currently we have him do a drive by to scope a location to see if there will be any problems with getting a signal. Is there an android app I could use to check for a line of sight and save him a trip? I have seen the DishPointer Pro app, but cant get myself to pay $20 for an app (yeah Im cheap). Are there other apps? My searches in the market havent had the best results. Or is Dish Pointer really my best option?

That is the only one out there. The only other thing to do would be to get an Inclinometer and learn how to do a site check yourself. The dishpointer app is the best deal out there.

That is the only one out there. The only other thing to do would be to get an Inclinometer and learn how to do a site check yourself. The dishpointer app is the best deal out there.

However, he from the sounds of it is trying to do a site survey WITHOUT going to the site.

Why not just ask the guy if he can see the sun before sunset .... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

OP, IF your setting dishes on a regular basis, the Dishpointer APP is very nice, you pay for it ONCE, it's not like your paying it monthly....

ZP Dashboard, as referenced in the OPs post, is an app in the android market. It does have azimuth and elevation, but it is a HUD display app, not a satellite aiming one. Not sure what other app the OP could be talking about. ZP Dashboard looks pretty cool for a HUD app. There is a free one and a $3.00 one that has more screens and probably is ad free. My preference is Dishpointer.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)