Looking for a F81 lock installation tool

trido

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Oct 17, 2004
Southern indiana
Looking for a F81 lock installation tool/

MY Sat installer put the dish switch inside the cable box.
I didnt know they had to come out but the cable company did and locked the box back after disconnecting the cable tv part.

So I may need back in box in the future.

Thanks

Trido

It is rare, I never see cable company locking their box, most just closed with hex screw. I think a lock is costing more then the splitter.

I used to have that problem.. Upgrade cable to dish, customer called cable company for disconnect, cable company disconnect cable and sateallite while the're at it also put lock on them..
Then I have go back, cut the lock off and replace fitting all for FREE :(

Damn Comcast!!

What kind of lock.. If it was one of those small plastic ones just cut them off. Even they said you'll go to jail if you do. The will have supervisor come out and check for disconnect but they just gonna say oh well, he must have out of locks in his truck that day and move on..

ZawNH-VT said:
I used to have that problem.. Upgrade cable to dish, customer called cable company for disconnect, cable company disconnect cable and sateallite while the're at it also put lock on them..
Then I have go back, cut the lock off and replace fitting all for FREE :(

Damn Comcast!!

What kind of lock.. If it was one of those small plastic ones just cut them off. Even they said you'll go to jail if you do. The will have supervisor come out and check for disconnect but they just gonna say oh well, he must have out of locks in his truck that day and move on..
well maybe lock is the wrong term what it looks like is a hex bolt type thing.

when you TRY to turn it it JUST spins
I put this link to a jpg of it maybe that will help.

I thought I was luck y as I was home when cable guy had to re connect my internet as he cut it off and wasnt suppose to.

when he took this tool out and opened the box my DISH switch is inside he DID leave it inside and said NOTHING.

Thanks

Trido
http://jeffl.home.insightbb.com/hex.jpg

The cable company pulled that crap with me once, shut off the customers cable cut my Dish and put a lock on the box.

I went back to the office, got my mini torch set and cut the lock off and at the same time ruined their box :)

Hey it serves them right, they shouldn't have screwed with my installation and wasted my time for making me have to come back out the customers apartment!

They're just double cylinder. Most of them can be remove it easily with a thin flat head scew driver. Just squeeze it with vise grip and bind both of the cylinders and unscrew.

This information is not intended to use for stealing cable illegally.

You are looking at a device called a terminator. They are made by Gilbert, TNB and others.

If it was on my home, I'd cut open the box, remove all the cables coming it from my house, and bury the entrance cable, if underground. I've even removed the drop to the pole and coiled and hung it up, there.

Legally, if they don't come to remove their cable from your property in a week, it belongs to you to do as you please.

You cannot, however, legally connect to the drop or lateral to receive cable services for free.

I worked for Charter before realizing I could make more with D* TV. When I personally run into cable boxes at apartments and so forth. I break into them because the wire belongs to the building and not the Cable Co. They also give me a lot of bull about how they were contracted to do the cable inside the complex. Total Crap!!! I say do what you gotta do to get to your ground blocks and multi switches!!!!. Down with cable!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts